How to enter the Kenilworth Half Marathon
- Run 21.1km
- Run 1km
Kenilworth Half Marathon routes
This year the race starts and finishes in Kenilworth Town Centre opposite Station Rd outside the HSBC Bank and also passes through the grounds of Kenilworth Castle. The finish is at the clocktower roundabout in Abbey End. This year is also a new faster two lap course.
The Kenilworth Half Marathon route is an undulating out and back course in the town centre and along quiet country lanes with the first and last part on the Town main street. Although there are several small hills, many runners have obtained PB times on the course.
The course has a rolling road closure in place. 3 hours only.
- Average run time of this course - 2:12:53
- Ascent - 676 feet (52 per mile)
- Descent - 669 feet (51 per mile)
- Hills - 42.74% uphill, 38.46% downhill, 18.8% flat
- Calories burned - 1472 kcal
RACE CUT-OFF TIME
Please note that there is a Cut-Off time for the race of 3 hours. If you are out on the course longer than this, Marshals may well have been stood down and roads will be open to traffic, so you will be responsible for your own safety on the remainder of the route. This will be communicated to any runners affected by this and they will be encouraged to accept a lift back to the Race HQ.
There will be marshals at regular intervals around the course, to direct runners, help with traffic control, assist with any
problems and encourage you! Please follow any instructions that they may give you
First Aid will be provided by St John Ambulance, with cyclist support along the route and with their ambulance located at the half way point and control Centre at the start finish area. Please ask a marshal if you or any other runner needs assistance.
Professional photographers 'yourraceday' will be covering the event. You will be able to see and purchase your photos shortly after the race by logging on to www.yourraceday.co.uk
There are 4 drink point locations on route and one at the finish where water is provided.
Water stations are available at approximately 2 mile intervals. If you require energy products or additional fluid, please make arrangements to carry your own.
Finishers will receive a runners water bottle to keep at the end that can be filled from water carriers.
Again in 2019 we have pacers for the following finish times: 1:30, 1:45, 2:00, 2:15 and 2:30. Our pacers will all be wearing green pacer flags or yellow pacer vests.
Questions & answers
Get answers from our team or a member of our dedicated community.
- Please can you advise start time (s).Hi there, Just to let you know that the race starts and finishes at Talisman Square, Kenilworth adjacent Costa Coffee and Holland and Barratt on Sunday 2nd September 2018 at 9am. You are asked/advised to be at the start area by 8.30am. Best of luck!
- `Do they allow buggy runners on this course/race please?Hi there, just to let you know you are allowed to run with a buggy, you will just need to start at the back of the race. Good Luck!
- Is there a cut off time for this event?Hey there, just to let you know there is a cut-off time for this race of 3 hours. All the best!
- CanIi ransfer my place to another runner?: am no longer available to runHi there! Yes up to Friday evening before the race ONLY via the Etchrock Entries website with the change of runner (admin fee payable). :)
- I don't think I will be able to run due to injury. Is it possible to get a refund?
- Hi if any tickets are returned I'm interested in buying one thanksHi there. If someone cannot run and they are looking to transfer their ticket then they can do this up to Friday evening before the race ONLY via the Etchrock Entries website.
Kenilworth Half Marathon weather forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
Kenilworth Half Marathon reviews (2)
4.5 out of 5 stars
Reasons people recommend this event
You may also like
- Simplyhealth Great Birmingham Run13th Oct, Birmingham5(2)
- The Wigley Group Warwick Half Marathon1st Mar 2020, Warwick
- Ikano Bank Robin Hood Half Marathon, Mini Marathon & Nottingham Mile29th Sep, Nottingham
- Leamington Spa Half Marathon5th Jul 2020, Leamington Spa4.3(23)
- Birmingham Running Festival19th Oct, Sutton Coldfield
- BHF Blenheim Palace Half Marathon29th Sep, Woodstock