Loch Ken is perfect for wild swimming and this is a great opportunity for experienced swimmers, families and beginners alike. As part of the hydro electric scheme the Loch is regularly filled with fresh, clean water straight off the Rhinns of Kells and it is becoming well known as an excellent place to swim. Throughout the day there is a 1km, 2km and 4 km race. There's also a fun kids' splash session! Galloway Activity Centre.
How to enter the Loch Ken Wild Swim
- Swim 1km
- Swim 2km
- Swim 4km
Loch Ken Wild Swim routes
Questions & answers
- If I am taking part in the 4k swim in the afternoon what time will I have to register? Do I have to register at 9am or can I register later?Hi there, the registration for the 4km usually closes around 1pm, however the schedule for this year hasn't been confirmed yet - we'll update the page when we have the confirmed schedule for the day! Best of luck and hope you enjoy the swim!
Loch Ken Wild Swim weather forecast
Partly cloudy throughout the day.
Loch Ken Wild Swim reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Loch Ken Wild Swim?
You may also like
- Limelight Sports - Swimathon27th Mar, undefined
- The SportPursuit Slateman Triathlon, Duathlon & Swim Events13th Jun, Llanberis
- The Snowman Triathlon1st Aug, Betws-y-Coed
- The Swim To The Edge Series – Solva Swim6th Jun, Solva
- The Swim To The Edge Series – The Abereiddy Swim15th Aug, Haverfordwest
- The Marlow Classic24th May, Marlow