London to Paris Cycle Challenge: 9th - 11th September
1 / 3
Take in this fantastic adventure from Crystal Palace in London all the way to Paris. Traversing just under 200 miles on bike you will get to explore much of what the Kent and Sussex countryside has to offer before arriving in France to continue the journey. Sign up to test your cycling endurance.
London to Paris
Fri, 9 Sept 2022
London, United Kingdom
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
The event experience
Based on location
Where and when
Crystal Palace, London SE19, UK
Fri, 9 Sept 2022
London to Paris:9:00am
Day 1: London to Newhaven
The first day will see you set off from Crystal Palace on a 65 mile ride. There will be frequent rest stops and a gentle pace throughout. You will then explore the fantastic Kent and Sussex countryside. This is a rather hilly ride but is the toughest it will get. After lunch, the ride will be predominately downhill towards Newhaven.
Day 2: Dieppe to Beauvais
This 68 mile route is a lot flatter than the day before and relatively traffic-free. Cycling will start early in the morning. The first pit stop will be at Forges-Kes Eaux for breakfast. Then you head towards Gournay-En-Bray, from there you will travel onto Beauvais.
Day 3: Beauvais to Paris
This final 63 mile route will have a few hills before you arrive in Paris, finishing at the Eiffel Tower for a celebratory drink.
- 3 Nights Accommodation
- Food and Drink
- Overnight Ferry from Newhaven to Dieppe
- 24/7 support team
- Roadside repairs (additional cost)
- Transport back to London
- First Aid
How to get there
Crystal Palace, London SE19, UKGet full directions
22:30 DFDS ferry crossing begins
There will be en-suite cabins available to sleep, they will be shared in groups of four, please notify the organiser on the day if you would like to share with anyone in particular.
Hotel in Beauvais. Has great facilities, and are en-suite twin rooms. The restaurant is only a 10 minute walk away from the hotel.
En-suite twin rooms in Paris
Return from Paris
Your bike will be taken to London St Pancras station and must be collected between 1pm - 5pm on Monday. If you wish to have your bike delivered somewhere else that is possible at an additional cost.
Event day logistics
09:30 London to Paris Cycle Challenge starts
22:00 Board overnight ferry to Dieppe from Newhaven
05:00 Disembark the ferry
05:30 Cycle to Beauvais begins
09:30 Beauvais to Paris begins
13:30 Eurostar to St Pancras Station
Everyone who takes part must pay a £99.00 deposit (+booking fee) plus agree to a fundraising commitment of £1500 or other amount agreed by your chosen charity.
There will be plenty of pit stops throughout each day. The legs will be split into 10 - 20 miles in length.
It is recommended to ride a hybrid or a road bike, it must be comfortable enough to ride for 3 consecutive days.
You will have a qualified doctor in the group and support vehicles if you need to be taken for additional medical attention. It is your responsibility to have adequate medical insurance.
You must have adequate travel insurance for your health, personal items, and your bike.
There will be a bike mechanic on the support team to provide roadside repairs. If repairs cannot be completed roadside you will be taken to a bike shop as quickly as possible. There will also be reserve bikes available. You must pay for any additional repairs at bike shops.
- Bike that has been serviced in the last six months
- Bell (a legal requirement in France)
- Working front and rear lights
- Front and rear reflectors
- Water bottle and bottle cage
- Four spare inner-tubes
- Bike bag or saddle pack
- Comfortable cycling shoes
- Padded cycling shorts
- Cycling gloves
Cycling and Personal clothing
- Comfortable cycling tops/t-shirts (one per day)
- Waterproof and warm cycling clothing (day 2 can be cold)
- Warm hat
- Warm socks
- Change of clothing (when not cycling)
- Shoes/Trainers/Flip Flops
- Small Hand Towel
- Main bag for luggage
- Day Pack for essentials
- Any Prescribed medicine
- Passport (must be valid until 21st December 2022)
- Travel insurance which includes your bike (compulsory)
- Medical insurance
- GHIC or European Health Insurance Card if applicable
- Travel Visa (if needed)
- Credit or debit card
- Other photo identification (drivers license / ID card)
- Mobile phone, Tablet, laptop
- Relevant chargers
- Earphones / Headphones
- European plug adapter
- Sun Cream
- Ear Plugs
Food and Drink
- Lunch: The Crown, Turners Hill. Hot soup, sandwich selection, desserts, tea, and coffee. Other drinks can be purchased from the bar.
- Evening meal: Brewers Fayre, Newhaven. Please select a main and dessert from the menu
- Breakfast: Hotel Dieppe. Full breakfast buffet.
- Lunch: Gournay En Bray. Bread, fruit, pastries, traditional Petanque tournament
- Evening meal: Beauvais Resturant. Please select a main and a desert
- Breakfast: Hotel in Beauvais. Full breakfast buffet
- Lunch: Buffet lunch
- Evening meal: Villa 15, Paris. Serves a selection of pizza, burgers, pasta, and plenty of wine. Please select a main and a dessert.
View more TFA Limited events
We provide not-for-profit and commercial organisations with practical hands-on support, advice and solutions with their philanthropic activity, business planning, marketing & communications and talent management.
What are the dates for the London to Paris Cycle Challenge?
The London to Paris Cycle Challenge will begin on Friday the 9th of September. You will finish the ride on the 11th of September, and will travel back to London St Pancras via the Eurostar on Monday the 12th of September.
Can I extend my stay in Paris on the London to Paris Cycle Challenge?
Yes you may extend your stay, let the organiser know after you have booked and they can help you with return train bookings and accommodation.
Will there be regular stops on the London to Paris Cycle Challenge?
Yes, there will be about 4-5 stops per day, after every 10 - 20 miles worth of cycling.
This event currently has no reviews, why not be the first? You could help someone find their perfect event.
You may also like