How to enter the Marathon des Cotes
Do it for a good cause. Make those miles count and register for a charity place.
- Run 66miStandard EntriesCharity Entries
- Run 59mi
- Run 186mi
Marathon des Cotes routes
Day One (North Coast Ultra)
- The first day will begin at St Dogmaels and starts with a steep 2.5 mile climb to the highest point on the Pembrokeshire Coast Path.
- The northern coast of the Path is the hilliest and most isolated section of the race. However, the scenery is simply stunning and gives runners a real sense of being in the wilderness.
- Over the course of the 66.6 mile route, there is 6770 ft of elevation as runners make their way South to Caerfai.
- Some of the days highlights include such iconic locations as Dinas Head, The Jemima Nichols monument, the site of last invasion of the UK, Strumble Head, The Blue Lagoon in Abereiddy, Wales Most Westerly Point at St Davids Head and The Birth Place of St Davids at St Nons.
- Runners will continue along the Path from Caerfai to Pembroke Dock.
- This is a challenging section once again but it is shorter than day one, measuring in at 52 miles.
Day Three (South Coast Ultra)
- Runners will be tasked with completing the final section of the Path from Pembroke Dock to Amroth.
- The 59 mile section includes the notoriously tough Angle to Freshwater West Section and the stunningly beautiful Stackpole to Pennally Section.
- You will pass some award winning beaches which should help take your mind off the particularly hilly terrain.
The path is made up mainly of rugged uneven ground which covers a diverse route that will see you run high along open and exposed sea cliffs as well as underneath them at sea level
Frequently Asked Questions
Is your question about booking your place? See our Help Center
Marathon des Cotes weather forecast
Meet the organizer
MUUK Adventures are ranked #26 in the UK out of 414 organizers
Marathon des Cotes reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Marathon des Cotes?
You may also like
- Snowdonia Trail Marathon12th Jul, Caernarfon4.9(4)
- Pen Llyn Ultra4th Jul, Pwllheli5(1)
- Blade Runner Ultra Marathon Series - Summer 20209th Jul, Brecon5(2)
- Maverick Adidas Terrex X & Snowdonia16th May, Caernarfon5(19)
- Gregynog Wales 10K, Half Marathon, Marathon & Ultra Road Race11th Apr, Tregynon3.8(2)
- Race to the Tower18th Jul, Whiteshill4.8(6)