Challenge yourself with this triathlon set in historic Winchester, home of King Alfred The Great. Great for athletes of all abilities, the course winds its away around the city and into the Hampshire countryside. Come for the impressive scenery or for the bespoke finisher's medal.
How to enter the May Day Triathlon
- Triathlon: Swim 0.4km, Bike 22km, Run 5km
- Triathlon: Swim 0.2km, Bike 11km, Run 2.5km
May Day Triathlon routes
- The swim takes place in a shallow beginner friendly 6 lane pool with 4 people per lane.
- Swimmers will be grouped with those of similar ability to avoid the need constantly overtake
- Novice Distance: 200m
- Sprint Distance: 400m
- The cycle will take you out of the medieval city and into the Hampshire countryside
- The ride can best be described as rolling and you will pass through the quaint village of Sparsholt.
- Novice Distance: 11km
- Sprint Distance: 22km
- Arguably one of the highlights of the course, the transition is impressively tree lined making it easier to find your bike.
- Like the cycle, the run is slightly hilly.
- The terrain is a mix of footpaths and playing fields
- Novice Distance: 2.5km
- Sprint Distance: 5km
May Day Triathlon weather forecast
Drizzle throughout the day.
High chance of rain
Light breeze possible, up to 9mph
Meet the organizer
Here at ReesLeisure we are dedicated to running the very best in sporting events to harness the South’s love of sport at all levels. We’re here to provide great competition for serious athletes, fun for youngsters and families and provide the right environment for those new to sport to thrive. But our work doesn’t just involve running events – we offer unrivaled sponsorship opportunities for brands to reach thousands of people, we work closely with the communities in the area.
May Day Triathlon reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was May Day Triathlon?
You may also like
- The London Triathlon8th Aug, London4.5(157)
- Blenheim Palace Triathlon30th May, Blenheim Palace Grounds4.8(18)
- The Festival of Endurance at Hever Castle5th Jul, Hever Castle4(1)
- The Marlow Classic24th May, Marlow4.2(14)
- The Fugitive5th Jul, Marlow4.5(4)
- The Fix Events All Nations Triathlon Dorney Lake9th May, Dorney4.9(2)