Challenge yourself with this triathlon set in historic Winchester, home of King Alfred The Great. Great for athletes of all abilities, the course winds its away around the city and into the Hampshire countryside. Come for the impressive scenery or for the bespoke finisher's medal.
How to enter the May Day Triathlon
- Triathlon: Swim 0.4km, Bike 22km, Run 5km
- Triathlon: Swim 0.2km, Bike 11km, Run 2.5km
May Day Triathlon routes
- The swim takes place in a shallow beginner friendly 6 lane pool with 4 people per lane.
- Swimmers will be grouped with those of similar ability to avoid the need constantly overtake
- Novice Distance: 200m
- Sprint Distance: 400m
- The cycle will take you out of the medieval city and into the Hampshire countryside
- The ride can best be described as rolling and you will pass through the quaint village of Sparsholt.
- Novice Distance: 11km
- Sprint Distance: 22km
- Arguably one of the highlights of the course, the transition is impressively tree lined making it easier to find your bike.
- Like the cycle, the run is slightly hilly.
- The terrain is a mix of footpaths and playing fields
- Novice Distance: 2.5km
- Sprint Distance: 5km
Questions & answers
Get answers from our team or a member of our dedicated community.
What would you like to know about this event?
May Day Triathlon weather forecast
Drizzle throughout the day.
High chance of rain
Light breeze possible, up to 9mph
May Day Triathlon reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was May Day Triathlon?