Consider these instead
The Mersey Tunnel 10K has been cancelled. Here are other races in your area:
- Run Aintree 5K, 10K & Half – July25th Jul, Liverpool4.8(8)
- Warrington Running Festival19th Sep, Warrington
- Blackpool Music Run17th Oct, Blackpool4.3(7)
- Blackburn 10K - November15th Nov, Blackburn4.5(25)
- Running Grand Prix Oulton Park – December6th Dec, Tarporley4.7(5)
- Cheshire 10k - October17th Oct, Northwich
Mersey Tunnel 10K route
The accurately measured 10K course starts on Blackstock Street approximately 250 metres before the KingswayTunnel emergency access road.
After a sharp u turn off the emergency exit runners then begin the gentle 1 mile descent under the River Mersey. The Tunnel entrance marks the 1K point with markers for 2K and 3K positioned inside the Tunnel.
Around 2.5K runners notice the descent level off before staring the long, slow ascent out of the Tunnel and into the daylight on the Wirral side of the river.
Leaving the Tunnel via the Emergency exit on the left hand side (before the toll booths) runners move on to Oakdale Road and a welcome slight downhill section at 4K. This was the half way point in previous years but the 5K point (and water station) is now at the car park just behind the Mersey Ferry terminal on Birkenhead Road.
The second half of the course is as flat as it comes with the full 5K distance from the Wallasey Ferry terminal to the finish at New Brighton running alongside the River Mersey.
When the going gets tough… the tough get going with some participants attacking the final stretch whilst others just take the promenade in their stride.
The second drinks station is located near to the 7K at the bottom of the Manor Road.
The finish is now located on Ian Fraser Walk behind the Marine Point retail park. This means runners will continue along the full length of the promenade and then pass on to the public highway at Marine Promenade, past the Floral Pavilion and along the lake pathway – past Perch Rock – and then on to Ian Fraser Walk to finish.
Questions & answers
- What time will the race start?Hi there, just to confirm the race starts at 9.30am. Enjoy the event!
- What time does the tunnel close before & open after the race? Is there any transport back to Liverpool afterwards? ThanksHey there, just to let you know ew Brighton train station is a short walk from the finish line and trains run every 30 minutes back to Liverpool, for more information on road closures visit the race organiser website: https://www.btrliverpool.com/tunnel-10k-roads . All the best!
- Hi, my name is Jill Price. I have registered for the Mersey tunnel run tomorrow, but I haven’t received my number in the post, to pin on my top. Can you help?Hello there, unfortunately we cannot do anything I would recommend contacting the race organiser directly. However if you did not receive the race a pack 3 weeks before the event prior you will be able to pick it up on the day at registration. All the best!
- Does the timer stay on the back of your number if not how does it workHey there just to let you know that the timing chip will be on the back of your number that you will attach flat on to your running top. The chip will start timing as you cross the sensors over the start line, it will stop timing as it crosses over the finish line. So you will get an exact time of the time you did, all the best!
Mersey Tunnel 10K weather forecast
Overcast throughout the day.
Mersey Tunnel 10K reviews
3.7 out of 5 stars