1 / 9
Results & Photos
Take part in this duathlon around the beautiful scenery of Mumbles in Swansea. This event welcomes newbies to the duathlon scene and has a choice of two distances, so whether you’re a beginner or seasoned duathlon athlete, this is a great event for you.
Middle and Sprint
8:00am Sat 25th Mar 2023 - 8:30am Sat 25th Mar 2023
The Mumbles, United Kingdom
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
Best price guarantee
Official booking partner
We're #1 in customer satisfaction
The event experience
Based on the number of participants
Based on location and reviews
Invite friends, earn credit
After booking your event, invite your friends to join you and you'll get £5 credit if they make it their first Let's Do This booking.
Where and when
Knab Rock Car Park, Mumbles Rd, The Mumbles, Swansea SA3 4EL, UK
8:30am Sat 25th Mar 2023
8:00am Sat 25th Mar 2023
Here's what races are available for Mumbles Duathlon
£64.95 - £100
£160 - £200
Distance: Middle (10k run, 60k bike, 10k run)
Distance: Sprint (5k run, 32k bike, 5k run)
The run route will take you out along the flat and fast Swansea Bay, this is perfect for all participants looking to get in a fast run before the bike sections. Middle duathletes will do two 10k runs and Sprint duathletes will do two 5k runs. They will be an out-and-back along the bay so make sure to take in the fantastic views.
The bike section will be along public highways which will be on open roads so make sure to adhere to the highway code. Please ride carefully for your safety and the safety of the others on the course.
Finally, you will head back to the transition to tackle the awe-inspiring run route again!
- Finisher's medal
- Category prizes for Sprint distance & Middle distance
- Chip-timed results
How to get there
Knab Rock Car Park, Mumbles Rd, The Mumbles, Swansea SA3 4EL, UKGet full directions
Parking is available at the following car parks:
- Southend Car Park
- Oystermouth Foreshore
Directions from the M4
- Leave M4 at Junction 42 – the deceleration lane bends to the left sharply, so be careful!
- Join the A483 and follow it into Swansea; watch your speed (cameras).
- Immediately after crossing the river, turn left. You can join either lane.
- Follow the coast road all the way around the bay into Mumbles village.
- Drive through the village.
- Drive past a mini children’s park on the left.
- Drive past The Pilot Pub on the right.
- Take the next left into Knab Rock car park.
- If you go up a steep hill with the pier down to the left, you’ve just missed it.
There is plenty of accommodation in the local area to relax in preparation for race day.
- The Village Hotel (01792 341270)
- Mumbles Carlton Hotel (01792 360450)
- Coast House (07768 727002)
- Tides Reach Guest House (01792 404877)
- Langland Road B&B (01792 361170)
- Clyne Farm Centre (01792 403333)
Event day logistics
Please be aware that this is a preliminary itinerary, and details of the event could possibly change closer to the event.
15:00 - 19:30 Registration open (Mumbles Yacht Club)
18:00 Beginners briefing (Transition)
06:30 - 07:40 Registration open (Mumbles Yacht Club)
06:30 - 07:45 Transition open (Knabb Rock Car Park, Mumbles)
07:50 Mandatory race briefing (Transition)
08:00 Middle starts
08:30 Sprint starts
09:15 Cut-off for first Run (Transition)
12:30 All Bikes back
13:45 Overall Cut-off time
- Middle Distance: Entrants must be 18 years of age or older to participate
- Sprint Distance: Entrants must be 14 years of age or older to participate
The race pack will be sent out to you two weeks prior to event day. It will contain further specific and finalised details and information which you will need on the day.
Registration will be located in the Mumbles Yacht Club. You must register on your own behalf, you are not allowed to register for somebody else and you must bring photo ID to registration.
At registration you will receive:
- 2 bib numbers
- 1 helmet number
- 1 bike post number
- 1 timing chip
Please make sure the timing chip is returned after the event to avoid a £100 charge.
Any athletes returning from the bike course after 10:30am will only be able to complete the short course run.
There are no feed stations or water stations on the course so athletes must be self-sufficient for the race.
There are public toilets at the start/finish line at the Mumbles Yacht club.
- This is a non-drafting event. If a referee thinks you are drafting there is no appeal against this decision. If you are caught drafting once you will be penalised with a 2-minute penalty. If you get caught a second time you will be disqualified.
- Headphones are discouraged during this race
Transition pre-entry check
- Make sure to number your bike and helmet with the numbers provided before entering the transition
- You must have your helmet on and fastened before entering the transition
- You will be guided by a member of the team to the relevant section
- You can remove your bike once all bikes are back in the transition. All bikes must be removed after the last competitor has completed the event. Make sure to show your bib number when you collect your bike.
- Once you have completed your first leg, make your way to the racked bike to hand over your timing chip to them. They must then attach their chip to their left ankle to access the transition
- When the cyclist returns to the transition they must rack their bike before removing their helmet. Once they have, they can hand over their chip timer to the final runner.
Make sure to watch the pre-event video briefing before the event. The video can be accessed here.
Spectators are welcome to come out and to support the participants.
Where to Eat
The Mermaid Café Bar & Restaurant 686 Mumbles Rd, The Mumbles Swansea SA3 4EE
- Phone: 01792 367744
Langland Brasserie - The Seafront, Brynfield Rd, Langland, Swansea, SA3 4SQ
- Phone: 01792 363699
Patrick's - 638 Mumbles Rd, The Mumbles, Swansea SA3 4EA
- Phone: 01792 360199
Verdi's Cafe, Ice Cream Parlour & Restaurant - Knab Rock, Mumbles, Swansea, SA3 4EE
- Phone: 01792 369135
Castellamare - Bracelet Bay, Mumbles, Swansea, SA3 4JT
- Phone: 01792 369408
Bistrot Pierre - Oyster Wharf, 3 Mumbles Road, Swansea SA3 4DN
- Phone: 01792 365040
Gin & Juice - Oyster Wharf, 3 Mumbles Rd, The Mumbles, Swansea SA3 4DN
- Phone: 01792 921123
If you would like to volunteer for this event please follow the link to the Activity Wales Events
There are some great benefits for marshalling at these events:
- Free Volunteer Event T-Shirt
- Free Bacon roll and hot drink
- Groups of 10 or more volunteers will get £400 towards their chosen team, club or charity
Are there any age requirements for the Mumbles Duathlon?
Yes, the Mumbles Duathlon is only open to those aged 14 or over on event day.
When can I expect my race pack for Mumbles Duathlon?
Two weeks prior to event day you'll receive your race pack with further details via email.
Where do I pick up my timing chip and race number for Mumbles Duathlon?
You will go to registration at Mumbles Yacht Club to receive your timing chip and race number. You must bring photo ID to registration.
Can I wear headphones during the Mumbles Duathlon?
You are not allowed to wear headphones during the event. If you do wear headphones, you might be disqualified.
Very well organised event and a fantastic experience as it was my first duathlon. Will be back again next year. Cheers
5.0Did the race in 2019
Running in London Parks
Results & Photos