Norn Iron 100
See results and photos
Explore Northern Ireland in this infamous 100 mile point-to-point Ultra. There will be plenty of opportunities to marvel at the fantastic scenery as participants traverse this mixed-terrain route along the Causeway Coast and Ulster way. Come to push yourself to the limits in this tough Ultra.
Sat, 4 Jun 2022
Gortin, United Kingdom
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
The event experience
Based on location
Invite friends, earn credit
After booking your event, invite your friends to join you and you'll get $10 credit if they make it their first Let's Do This booking.
Where and when
Gortin Outdoor Activity Centre, 62 Main St, Gortin, Omagh BT79 8NH, UK
Sat, 4 Jun 2022
Test your endurance as you race in this point-to-point 100-mile Ultra. The course will start at Ballycastle and will take you along the coast, you will even run past the iconic Giants Causeway. This race will be waymarked along the Ulster way with the finishing line in Gortin, County Tyrone.
All entrants are warned that they must be self-sufficient as much as possible and will be provided with any additional directional information that will be required to race. There will be no additional signage or marshals on the route but you will be supplied with a full GPX of the route to follow.
This route offers plenty of amazing scenery to keep you entertained as you run along roads, trails, bogland and beach. This mixed-terrain Ultra promises to be a challenge so sign up to push yourself.
There will be checkpoints along the route at the following distance markers (exact locations will be confirmed closer to the event date):
- 18 miles
- 40 miles
- 55 miles
- 73 miles
- 88 miles
- Finisher's T-Shirt
- Finisher's Bandanna
- Transport to start location
- GPS tracker
- Fully stocked checkpoints
- Bag drop
- Medical cover
- Insured event
- Route instructions
- Shower and changing facilities
- Post-race refreshments
How to get there
Gortin Outdoor Activity Centre, 62 Main St, Gortin, Omagh BT79 8NH, UKGet full directions
There is parking available at the Gortin Community Activity Centre.
There will be a shuttle service to transport entrants from the registration location (Gortin Community Activity Centre) to the start at Ballycastle.
There is accommodation available at Gortin Community Activity Centre for those who wish to stay the night before or after the race. Accommodation can be booked from their website.
Event day logistics
08:00 Norn Iron 100 expected start time (TBC)
00:00 50 mile cut-off time (TBC)
18:00 Finish cut-off time (TBC)
The exact start and cut-off times will be confirmed closer to the date of the event.
Race packs will not be posted and entrants must collect their race packs from registration at the Gortin Outdoor Activity Centre. All entrants must be present at registration and there will be a shuttle service arranged to take participants to the start line.
- You must be over the age of 18 to participate
- You must be able to support yourself running for at least 26 miles.
- You must have experience of Ultra events over 50 miles
- You must agree to abide by all of the event rules
- You must agree to carry all mandatory kits with you for the entire event.
- Entrants are allowed to have a crew for this race however they will not be able to access large sections of the course due to the terrain.
- Crew are allowed to provide entrants with clothing, water and food at any time in the race
- Pacers are not allowed, if someone uses a pacer they will be disqualified.
- Entrants have to be self-sufficient as much as possible.
There will be no additional signage or marshals on the route but you will be supplied with a full GPX of the route to follow.
What to bring
- GPS tracker (compulsory) supplied at registration
- Waterproof jacket (taped/sealed seams)(Minimum 10,000 HH waterproofing)
- Waterproof trousers (taped/sealed seams)
- Long tights (if wearing you must carry a second pair
- Warm hat
- Water-resistant peak cap (only needed if no peak on waterproof jacket)
- Emergency survival bag
- 2x base long sleeve base layer
- Mobile phone (fully charged and in a waterproof case)
- Head torch with spare batteries and/or spare charged battery pack (minimum 100 lumens)
- Red tail light (switched on and worn on the back of your pack at all times when dark)
- 2 x pairs of gloves (1x Line and 1x Waterproof)
- Capacity to carry minimum 1.5 litres of water
- Emergency Food / Nutrition and adequate food for between checkpoints
- Foldable reusable drinks cup
- Walking poles
When does the Norn Iron 100 start?
The race is expected to start at 8:00am, this will be confirmed closer to the date of the event.
Will there be parking available at the Norn Iron 100?
Yes, there will be parking available for entrants at the Gortin Community Activity Centre, from there entrants can take a shuttle service to Ballycastle where the event will start.
Where does the Norn Iron 100 start?
All entrants must attend registration at the Gortin Community Activity Centre, where they must collect their race pack. From there a shuttle service will be arranged for entrants to the start line at Ballycastle.
This event currently has no reviews, why not be the first? You could help someone find their perfect event.
See results and photos