The event will run over our well established course which has been greeted enthusiastically by runners in previous events including the highly successful series of John Austin Half Marathons. It is a scenic off road course, entirely traffic free running through the beautiful New Forest.
The course will mainly be a mixture of gravel surfaced woodland trails in the forest to the north west of Brockenhurst. Part of the course will extend onto heathland on the old airfield on Beaulieu Heath, where it will follow existing hard surfaced tracks. There are only two road crossings, which will be fully marshalled.
We are intending to provide a great event that can be used for the build up to a spring marathon, most notably London, so we have chosen a course that is relatively flat with mostly good quality gravel tracks. There is virtually no road but there are sections of tarmac and concrete around the old Beaulieu Aerodrome.
Overall the surface will allow good fast pace running for an off road event. If the course is dry then racing flats or normal trainers would be a good choice. If it’s wet then you may want a bit more grip.
Oakhaven New Forest Spring Half Marathon weather forecast
Rain throughout the day.
Oakhaven New Forest Spring Half Marathon reviews
4.7 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- New Forest Marathon, Half Marathon, 10k & 5k12th Sep, Brockenhurst4.8(5)
- ABP Southampton Marathon, Half, 10k & Mile24th Apr 2021, Southampton4.1(5)
- Run Bournemouth Festival2nd Oct, Bournemouth4.5(46)
- Winchester Half Marathon19th Sep, Winchester
- Weymouth Half Marathon5th Sep, Weymouth4.5(6)
- RunThrough Goodwood Motor Circuit Grand Prix - September26th Sep, Chichester5(2)
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.