Pull on your best lederhosen and celebrate Oktoberfest in the very best of company. Wherever you are in the world on 26th or 27th September, run 3k, 5k, 10k, Half Marathon or a full Marathon and celebrate before, during and/or after with a well-deserved craft beer.
And to get you into the full Oktoberfest spirit, we're inviting participants to dress for the occasion in your finest lederhosen, visit a German beer hall along your route, or drink a German-style craft beer.
We'll be giving 3 beer-related prizes for the best action shots on your run - and of course, that's where your fancy dress will come into its own.
For those who like bling, there's a beautiful beer-shaped medal that will be posted to you after the event. And if you just want to have a good time celebrating Oktoberfest and some motivation to run, you can also sign up for Race entry only. You also have the option to get your hands on one of our fantastic rainbow buffs, as well as your medal!
When you go out for your run, you'll need to use a GPS tracking app (such as Strava) or watch so you have evidence of your race. Then you'll add that to the Let's Do This platform along with your action-shot from the race. We also have a lively and supportive Facebook community in the Secret London Runs Connect Facebook group looking forward to welcoming you over the finish-line.
How to enter the Oktoberfest Virtual Craft Beer Race
Once you book the event, you'll need to upload your result during the event time window.
- Run 3km
- Run 5km
- Run 10km
- Run 21km
- Run 42km
For those who purchase a medal ticket - get your hands on our beautiful beer shaped medal! Yo also have the option to purchase an additional buff!
How to complete a Virtual Event
Participating in a virtual event means you can complete the distance at any time within the event timeframe in a location of your choice.
Here's what you need to do:
Preparing your virtual event
- Secure your virtual spot in the event by booking your ticket
- Plan your ideal routeMake sure the route is at least the event length and as traffic free as possible
- Download a distance tracking app
- Ensure your phone and/or GPS watch is fully charged
During your event
- Record your activity on a tracker and take a screenshotThis can be either a phone or a GPS watch.
- Complete your activity in the designated event completion timeframe
- Make sure you go the event distanceBut don't worry if you go a bit further, we'll calculate your finish time.
- Take a Finisher's Photo to share with your fellow finishers
Submitting your result
- Head back to this event page to submit your resultsMake sure to submit your results within the event completion timeframe
- Upload a screenshot of your activity tracker or GPS watch to verify your resultsYou can still participate and submit results without this, but we won't be able to verify your results.
- Provide your finish time and overall distanceIf you go further than the race distance, we'll adjust your time down to the correct distance based on your pace.
- Share your Finisher's Photo on the Finish Line galleryGet featured on our Finish Line where you can celebrate your achievement and inspire others to get active.
Frequently asked questions
For more advice about virtual events, see our Virtual Event Handbook here.