On The Run From The Crum
1 / 6
Results & Photos
Relive the rich history of the Crumlin Gaol by becoming a most wanted escapee for the day. You will have either 24, 12 or 6 hours to run as far away from the prison as possible. The convict that has run the furthest in the allotted time will be crowned the champion.
6 Hours, 12 hours and 24 hours
9:00am Sat 17th Sep 2022
Belfast, United Kingdom
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
Best price guarantee
Official booking partner
We're #1 in customer satisfaction
The event experience
Based on location
Invite friends, earn credit
After booking your event, invite your friends to join you and you'll get £5 credit if they make it their first Let's Do This booking.
Where and when
Crumlin Road Gaol Visitor Attraction and Conference Centre, 53-55 Crumlin Rd, Belfast BT14 6ST, UK
9:00am Sat 17th Sep 2022
6 Hours:9:00am |
12 hours:9:00am |
Here's what races are available for On The Run From The Crum
£50 - £150
£70 - £180
£70 - £180
Entrants must plan their own escape route by going on the run from Crumlin Gaol. The possibilities are endless. To win entrants will go on the run for either 6 hours, 12 hours or 24 hours.
You must plot your route in advance using a GPX map plotter and submit it to the organisers before the race. This is an As the Crow Flies event, meaning you must plot your route in a straight line on the map. All entrants are completely welcome to have a support crew.
Participants will be provided with a GPS tracker. The tracker will track your exact location for the duration of the race. The convict who has escaped the furthest in the time allotted will be crowned champion. This is a completely unique experience as all entrants will be starting within the prison walls. Run solo or enter as a team to see how far you can run.
- Finisher's Medal
- Finisher's T-shirt
- Prizes for winners
- Pre-race refreshments
- Race bib
- GPS tracker
- Medical Aid
How to get there
Crumlin Road Gaol Visitor Attraction and Conference Centre, 53-55 Crumlin Rd, Belfast BT14 6ST, UKGet full directions
You are allowed to park in the Gaol car park on Saturday until 16:30, after that time all cars must be moved. If you are intending on driving to the event you will need to make appropriate arrangements to have your car picked up from the car park.
The closest train station is Yorkgate train station. From there it is a 1-mile walk to Crumlin Gaol.
Event day logistics
09:00 On The Run From The Crum starts
Please arrive in plenty of time to register.
All entrants must provide ID and their kit to be checked at registration.
How the event works
- At the end of your allotted time all entrants' distances will be logged
- You must pre-plan your journey home at the end of the race, no one will return to the starting location
- After the race, entrants must return their tracker via post and pay its postage
- Each runner will then be posted their finisher's medal and prizes
Prizes will be awarded for the following categories
- Furthest Solo male
- Furthest Solo female
- Furthest Pair chain gang
- Furthest Trio chain gang
- All entrants will have to be self-sufficient throughout, this should be taken into consideration when training and planning the race
- Entrants can have a support crew that can assist and provide you with food, fluids, and clothing but must not assist with transport
- Crew members are not permitted to run with you at any time
- Entrants must plot their route in a straight line on the map, running the shortest possible distance from one point to the other
- Be sensible and take into account your own limits when plotting the route
- Entrants are allowed to run for as long as they want and can pull out of the race at any time, but must inform the race director in advance
- Roads remain open throughout this race so make sure to follow the highway code at all times
- Footpaths should be used and traffic lights obeyed
- At registration, entrants must make sure they have all mandatory kit, if you do not, you will not be able to race
- In case of emergency press the SOS button on your GPS tracker and call 999
- Your GPS tracker will be continuously monitored if you stop moving for 1 hour the Race Organisers will contact you to make sure you are well
Entrants are allowed to enter in teams of 2 or 3. Competitors will share a GPS tracker together and must start, run and finish together.
What do I need to bring to registration for the On The Run From The Crum?
All entrants must bring ID to verify their entry and must also bring the mandatory kit.
Will there be route directions for the On The Run From The Crum?
No the route will not be marked, you must plot your own route in advance and send it to the race organisers before the event.
Will there be aid stations at the On The Run From The Crum?
No, all entrants must be self-sufficient, there will be no marshals and no aid stations. You will, however, be allowed to have a support crew to provide you with food and drink.
Can I run the On The Run From The Crum with a friend?
Yes, you can either enter solo or in a team of two or three.
Do I have to run for the duration of the whole of On The Run From The Crum?
No, the time you spend running is up to you, bare in mind your own limits.
What do I do with my GPS tracker at the end of On The Run From The Crum?
All entrants must pay to return their GPS tracker via post. If the tracker is not returned they will have to pay £120 for its replacement.
This event currently has no reviews, why not be the first? You could help someone find their perfect event.
Running Event Distances
Running in London Parks
Results & Photos