Part of the 2018 Urban Trails series of races by Trail Outlaws.The Pieces of 8 Half Marathon starts at the foot of Penshaw Hill. The route takes in beautiful trails along the North and South side of the River Wear, with great views along the river and its broad range of wildlife and wildfowl, before the fabulous finish on Penshaw Monument itself.
We are sure you will agree, the finish and the bling with be worth the challenge. This race has everything you would want in a Trail Race.
This race also has great facilities for the whole family. Herrington Country Park has a children's play area, woodland walks and fun trail walks. There is also a great cafe and an ice cream van on the park as well.
Questions & answers
Find out more from members of the community who did it last year, or those already signed up.
0 questions • 0 unanswered
Pieces of 8 Penshaw Half Marathon weather forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
Members of the community who’ve improved this page and contributed to its accuracy.
Be first to contribute.
Pieces of 8 Penshaw Half Marathon reviews
5 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- Newcastle 1.5k, 5k & 10k MoRun1st Nov, Newcastle upon Tyne5(3)
- York 1.5k, 5k & 10k MoRun22nd Nov, York4(1)
- Leeds 5k & 10k MoRun21st Nov, Leeds5(1)
- Blackpool Music Run17th Oct, Blackpool4.3(7)
- Trail Pursuit Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K & 5K28th May 2021, Ambleside
- Warrington Running Festival19th Sep, Warrington
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.