Part of the 2018 Urban Trails series of races by Trail Outlaws.The Pieces of 8 Half Marathon starts at the foot of Penshaw Hill. The route takes in beautiful trails along the North and South side of the River Wear, with great views along the river and its broad range of wildlife and wildfowl, before the fabulous finish on Penshaw Monument itself.
We are sure you will agree, the finish and the bling with be worth the challenge. This race has everything you would want in a Trail Race.
This race also has great facilities for the whole family. Herrington Country Park has a children's play area, woodland walks and fun trail walks. There is also a great cafe and an ice cream van on the park as well.
How to enter the Pieces of 8 Penshaw Half Marathon
- Run 13.1mi
Pieces of 8 Penshaw Half Marathon route
The course will be marked and taped and marshals will be on hand at key points in the race. Please remember that navigating the course is your responsibility.
Pieces of 8 Penshaw Half Marathon weather forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
Meet the organiser
Are you the organizer? Claim this page
Pieces of 8 Penshaw Half Marathon reviews
5 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- Newcastle 1.5k, 5k & 10k MoRun1st Nov, Newcastle upon Tyne5(3)
- Trail Pursuit Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K & 5K28th May 2021, Clappersgate
- York 1.5k, 5k & 10k MoRun22nd Nov, York4(1)
- Leeds 5k & 10k MoRun21st Nov, Leeds5(1)
- Edinburgh Christmas 10K & 5K Run5th Dec, Edinburgh4.7(5)
- Run Heaton 5k, 10k & Half Marathon – November1st Nov, Manchester4.3(6)
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.