The Pier to Pier race is one of the more popular runs in the North of England with around 1000 entries each year. The run starts on the beach at South Shields Pier and follows a superb scenic route along the cliff paths past Marsden Rock and Souter Lighthouse. It rejoins the beach at Whitburn and finishes at Roker Pier in Sunderland.
Anyone using the road or footpath WILL be disqualified.
At Souter Lighthouse there is a water station and then the race moves to the coastal path down to Sunderland, eventually moving back to the beach for the finish.
The Whole race is approx 7 miles (11k) and starts at 10am.
Questions & answers
Find out more from members of the community who did it last year, or those already signed up.
1 question • 0 unanswered
Pier to Pier Race weather forecast
Possible drizzle in the morning.
Members of the community who’ve improved this page and contributed to its accuracy.
Be first to contribute.
Pier to Pier Race reviews
5 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- Newcastle 1.5k, 5k & 10k MoRun1st Nov, Newcastle upon Tyne5(3)
- York 1.5k, 5k & 10k MoRun22nd Nov, York4(1)
- Leeds 5k & 10k MoRun21st Nov, Leeds5(1)
- Blackpool Music Run17th Oct, Blackpool4.3(7)
- Trail Pursuit Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K & 5K28th May 2021, Ambleside
- Edinburgh 1.5k, 5k & 10k MoRun7th Nov, Edinburgh4.4(5)
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.