How far is the race?
You decide! The 2.8-mile off-road loop means your race can be just under 5k or even over 50k and anywhere in between. You decide how many laps you're going to do on the day within the 6-hour time limit. If you're looking to cover a marathon distance, you'll need to complete 10 laps (28 miles) and a half marathon will be 5 laps (14 miles).
How to enter the Poplar Challenge
- Run 6h
Poplar Challenge route
The course is mainly on a crushed stone pathway, with some sections on grass pathways. There is one notable climb to the top of the Forest Park, with a corresponding notable downhill! The rest of the course is relatively flat, however, allowing for some spectacular views across the lakes. There is even a section through the pine forest.Each lap has around 170ft of elevation, making the marathon distance 1700ft of elevation.
6 Hour ChallengeStart Time: 9:00am
Frequently Asked Questions
Poplar Challenge weather forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
Meet the organizer
Big Bear Events are ranked #19 in the UK out of 530 organizers
Poplar Challenge reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Poplar Challenge?
You may also like
- Nottingham 1.5k, 5k & 10k MoRun17th Nov, Nottingham4.1(6)
- Birmingham 5k & 10k MoRun16th Nov, Sutton Coldfield4.7(3)
- Rushcliffe 10K and Fun Run1st Mar 2020, Nottingham4(11)
- Simplyhealth Great Manchester Run24th May 2020, Manchester
- Nottingham Christmas Marathon, Half, 5K & 1 Mile Fun Run30th Nov, Nottingham4.3(6)
- Leamington Spa Half Marathon5th Jul 2020, Leamington Spa4.3(23)