Consider these instead
The Ras Dewi Sant (Coast Path Marathon/Half Marathon/10k) has been postponed until 25/04/2020. Here are other races in your area:
- Afan Forest Trail Festival 10k, Half, and Marathon27th Jun, Pontrhydyfen
- Snowdonia Trail Marathon18th Oct, Caernarfon4.9(4)
- Love Trails Festival2nd Jul, Swansea5(1)
- The Pen Llyn Trail & Coastal Series24th May, Lon Golff
- Tsunami Ocean Trails19th Jun, The Wharf4.9(19)
- Jewson Barnstaple Marathon and Half Marathon 202027th Sep, Barnstaple
Ras Dewi Sant (Coast Path Marathon/Half Marathon/10k) routes
The Full Marathon:
- Runners will meet at the Cross Hotel and then be transferred by bus to the starting point at Mathry, 9 Miles North of St David’s.
- From there the competitors will run just over a mile to Abercastle where they will join the Coast Path and start heading south taking in the splendid fishing village of Porthgain and Abereiddy Bay.
- Amongst the constant undulating elevation that you will face, there are two good climbs – the first on about the 9 mile mark at Penberi and the second is on 14 miles known as the famous Whitesands Challenge Hill
- From here you will pick up the half marathon route and continue on the Coast Path for a further 9 mile stint along this spectacular part of the National Park until you reach Caerfai Bay, taking in the scenic sights of St Justinian’s, Ramsey Sound (and the Bitches), Porthclais, and St Nons (St David’s Birth place) along the way.
- On the last mile you reach ‘The Sting in the Dragons Tail’! The awesome site of the 12th Century Cathedral will hopefully spur you on as you climb it’s 39 steps and Pebbles Hill, leading you up to the finish line at the Cross Hotel in the heart of the City.
The Half Marathon:
- The Half Marathon will start in the heart of St. David’s at the Cross Hotel.
- From here you will run 2.5 miles which takes in the City!and rural roads to Whitesands Beach.
- At the beach you will join the Coast Path for a 9 mile stint along this spectacular section of the National Park that will take you around to Caerfai Bay.
- During miles 4.5 to 9 you really will be out in the wilds and face the toughest part of the course as you run along the Ramsay Sound, making your way from the Lifeboat Station to the aid station at Porthclais Harbour.
- Once you arrive in Caerfai there is a slight pull as course starts to take you back inland and then around the country bridleways and roads on the outskirts of the City until you reach mile 12.5 and the last challenge of the day.
- Like those completing the marathon, runners will be faced with the infamous– ‘The Sting in the Dragons Tail’!
- The route offers a mix of road and coastal path terrain finishing with the iconic Cathedral Climb.
Whilst the majority of the course will be marshalled, it is simply not practical to sign post the whole course. If you follow these guidelines you will be sure to stay to the correct path:
Frequently Asked Questions
Is your question about booking your place? See our Help Center
Ras Dewi Sant (Coast Path Marathon/Half Marathon/10k) weather forecast
Meet the organizer
MUUK Adventures are ranked #35 in the UK out of 378 organizers
Ras Dewi Sant (Coast Path Marathon/Half Marathon/10k) reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Ras Dewi Sant (Coast Path Marathon/Half Marathon/10k)?