Sign up for this open water swimming challenge series and swim your way through September, competing and collecting event swag along the way! TYR have kindly provided spot prizes too; these will be awarded to lucky swimmers throughout the challenge series. The goal is simply to swim for as long and as frequently as you possibly can and join a community of open water swimmers around the world.
With single event races and total distance in a month events, there’s an opportunity for every level of swimmer to participate in our rough water challenge series. You’ll feel like you're part of the swimming community again as fellow swimmers cheer you on and challenge you to be top of the Leaderboard. The events are open to swimmers all over the world so there’s a great opportunity to make new swimming friends while you complete your events.
Please share pictures of your aquatic adventures so we can celebrate your achievements, as we would if we were all standing at the finish line. Jump in any body of water you are experienced and safe to swim in, including swimming pools, then start swimming and uploading your results! We’ll be there virtually to cheer you on and support your swimming journey.
Good luck with your swims, we’ll be supporting you from your first dip to your final stroke!
About the hosts:
This rough water swim series has been created by the Surf Swim School based in Westward Ho! who are an open water swimming school and lifeguard training centre based in the beautiful Bideford Bay in Devon. We are all passionate rough water swimmers!
Choose your event
Swag awards per number of completed events:
1st event = Swimming cap
2nd event = Series medal
3rd event = T-Shirt
4th event = Event water bottle
5th event = TYR special Ops 2.0 goggles
6th event = TYR Waterproof bag
Spot prizes have also been provided by TYR.
How to complete a Virtual Event
Participating in a virtual event means you can complete the distance at any time within the event timeframe in a location of your choice.
Here's what you need to do:
Preparing your virtual event
- Secure your virtual spot in the event by booking your ticket
- Plan your ideal routeMake sure the route is at least the event length and as traffic free as possible
- Download a distance tracking app
- Ensure your phone and/or GPS watch is fully charged
During your event
- Record your activity on a tracker and take a screenshotThis can be either a phone or a GPS watch.
- Complete your activity in the designated event completion timeframe
- Make sure you go the event distanceBut don't worry if you go a bit further, we'll calculate your finish time.
- Take a Finisher's Photo to share with your fellow finishers
Submitting your result
- Head back to this event page to submit your resultsMake sure to submit your results within the event completion timeframe
- Upload a screenshot of your activity tracker or GPS watch to verify your resultsYou can still participate and submit results without this, but we won't be able to verify your results.
- Provide your finish time and overall distanceIf you go further than the race distance, we'll adjust your time down to the correct distance based on your pace.
- Share your Finisher's Photo on the Finish Line galleryGet featured on our Finish Line where you can celebrate your achievement and inspire others to get active.
Frequently asked questions
For more advice about virtual events, see our Virtual Event Handbook here.