This swim series has been created by the Surf Swim School based in Westward Ho! who are an open water swimming school and lifeguard training centre. The proceeds cover the costs of these events and any extra goes towards purchasing rescue equipment for the club so we can take more swimmers out and for training lifeguards young and older to complete their SLSGB Surf Lifeguard award. As a school we work closely with the RNLI and any surplus will increase our annual donation to them for their important work in keeping us safe in the open water, often putting their own lives in danger to do so.
Complete your single distance swims by the dates given and upload pictures of your swimming adventures so we can all cheer each other on as we would if we were all standing at the finish line. Jump in any body of water you are experienced and safe to swim in, including swimming pools if you’re lucky enough to find one open, then start swimming and uploading your results! We’ll be there virtually to cheer you on and support your swimming journey. Good luck!
How to enter the Rough Water Challenge - Week 4 (1km or 10km)
Once you book the event, you'll need to upload your results during the event time window.
- Swim 10km
- Swim 1km
How to complete the total distance
Complete the total distance anywhere you like, in as many sections as you like.
Simply record your activities and submit your results as you go. Each time you submit a result, the distance you've done will be added to your overall total distance.
Preparing your virtual event
- Secure your virtual spot in the event by booking your ticket
- Download a distance tracking app
- Before heading out for each activity, ensure your phone and/or GPS watch is fully charged, and make sure you have a safe route planned.
During your event
- Record your activity on a tracker and take a screenshotThis can be either a phone or a GPS watch.
- Complete your activity in the designated event completion timeframe
- Take a photo to share with your fellow participants
Submitting your result
- Head back to this event page to submit your results
- Upload a screenshot of your activity tracker or GPS watch to verify your resultsYou can still participate and submit results without this, but we won't be able to verify your results.
- Provide the distance and time you completedEvery time you submit a result, the distance will get added to your total distance for the challenge.
- Share your photo and celebrate your progress with the community