Saltire 24 and 12
1 / 2
Run the night away in this ultra marathon. Great for solo runners or teams, the 4.2 Mile trail running course loops around the loch, leaving you with stunning views of Kerloch Hill. Come for the endurance challenge or for an unforgettable way of spending the shortest night of the year.
24 Hour and 12 Hours
Sat 19th Jun 2021
Banchory, United Kingdom
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
Best price guarantee
We're #1 in customer satisfaction
Invite friends, earn credit
After booking your event, invite your friends to join you and you'll get £5 credit if they make it their first Let's Do This booking.
Where and when
Unnamed Road, Banchory AB31 6LL, UK
Sat 19th Jun 2021
24 Hour:TBC |
Here are the distances available for Saltire 24 and 12
- The route is a fully off-road 4.2 Mile loop and features a mix of single and double width grass, gravel, dirt and moorland paths.
- Runners will follow grassy paths around the loch, before heading south through the open moorland.
- About half way through the loop, runners will reach the high point of the course (total ascent per lap is 100m) and here runners can find the self service water station.
- Despite one or two narrow bridges, there is plenty of space for overtaking.
- Eco Finisher's Medal
- Free on-site camping
- Electronic Chip Timed Race
- Full Marked Trail Running Course
- Fuelling Station & Self-Service Water Station
- Warm Showers
How to get there
Unnamed Road, Banchory AB31 6LL, UKGet full directions
Address: Knockburn Loch, Strachan, Aberdeenshire AB31 6LL
Car: There will be plenty of free parking at the event base
Event day logistics
Friday 19th June
- 16:00 Site opens
- 19:00-22:00 Registration for both the 12 and 24hr races
Saturday 20th June
- 07:00 – 09:00 Registration open for both 12hr and 24hr races
- 09:30 Mandatory 24hr race briefing at start line
- 10:00 24hr race start
- 19:00 – 21:00 Registration open for 12hr race only
- 21:00 Mandatory 12hr race briefing at start line
- 22:00 12hr race start
Sunday 21st June
- 10:00 Race finish
- 11:00 Prize giving for all runners
Runners are allowed to bring a support crew with them to provide assistance with food and drink.
There is no fee for spectators to watch this event.
Dogs are not permitted at this event.
Will there be event photography?
There will be professional photographers at the event. These photos will be free to download on Facebook and Instagram after the event.
Is there an age limit?
Solo runners must be 20+ years old on the day of the event. Pairs, quads and teams must be 18+ years old on the day of the event.
What happens if I can't complete a lap?
If you feel you are unable to complete the course please inform one of our marshals and they, or a support vehicle, will assist you. However, you should expect to be self-sufficient around the course and prepared for bad weather and other challenges! (Please let us know of any medical issues).
This event currently has no reviews, why not be the first? You could help someone find their perfect event.
Running Event Distances
Running in London Parks