Saltire 24 and 12
1 / 3
Run the night away in this ultra marathon. Great for solo runners or teams, the 4.2 Mile trail running course loops around the loch, leaving you with stunning views of Kerloch Hill. Come for the endurance challenge or for an unforgettable way of spending the shortest night of the year.
12 Hours, and 24 Hour
Sat 19th Jun 2021
Banchory, United Kingdom
The event experience
20 to 50m elevation gain per km
Where and when
Unnamed Road, Banchory AB31 6LL, UK
24 Hour:TBC |
- The route is a fully off-road 4.2 Mile loop and features a mix of single and double width grass, gravel, dirt and moorland paths.
- Runners will follow grassy paths around the loch, before heading south through the open moorland.
- About half way through the loop, runners will reach the high point of the course (total ascent per lap is 100m) and here runners can find the self service water station.
- Despite one or two narrow bridges, there is plenty of space for overtaking.
- Eco Finisher's Medal
- Free on-site camping
- Electronic Chip Timed Race
- Full Marked Trail Running Course
- Fuelling Station & Self-Service Water Station
- Warm Showers
How to get there
Unnamed Road, Banchory AB31 6LL, UKGet full directions
Address: Knockburn Loch, Strachan, Aberdeenshire AB31 6LL
Car: There will be plenty of free parking at the event base
Event day logistics
Friday 19th June
- 16:00 Site opens
- 19:00-22:00 Registration for both the 12 and 24hr races
Saturday 20th June
- 07:00 – 09:00 Registration open for both 12hr and 24hr races
- 09:30 Mandatory 24hr race briefing at start line
- 10:00 24hr race start
- 19:00 – 21:00 Registration open for 12hr race only
- 21:00 Mandatory 12hr race briefing at start line
- 22:00 12hr race start
Sunday 21st June
- 10:00 Race finish
- 11:00 Prize giving for all runners
View more Firetrail Ltd events
Our mission is to help people Race, Learn, and Develop outdoors.
Runners are allowed to bring a support crew with them to provide assistance with food and drink.
There is no fee for spectators to watch this event.
Dogs are not permitted at this event.
- Head torch
- Sun hat and suncream
- Fully charged mobile phone
- Emergency food items
- Overnight equipment
- Extra warm layers
- Waterproofs & windproofs
- Trail running shoes
- Anti-chafe lube
- Water bottle
Will there be event photography?
There will be professional photographers at the event. These photos will be free to download on Facebook and Instagram after the event.
Is there an age limit?
Solo runners must be 20+ years old on the day of the event. Pairs, quads and teams must be 18+ years old on the day of the event.
What happens if I can't complete a lap?
If you feel you are unable to complete the course please inform one of our marshals and they, or a support vehicle, will assist you. However, you should expect to be self-sufficient around the course and prepared for bad weather and other challenges! (Please let us know of any medical issues).
This event currently has no reviews, why not be the first? You could help someone find their perfect event.
Ask a question
Find out more from members of the community who did the event last year, or those signed up.
Is your question about booking your place?
You may also like
Edinburgh Christmas 5k, 10k & Santa Toddle - 2022
Sun 4th Dec 2022 - Edinburgh
Santa Half Marathon, 7k and 14k
Sun 19th Dec 2021 - Edinburgh
The Great Scottish Walk and Run Festival
Sun 26th Jun 2022 - Edinburgh
Edinburgh Christmas 10k, 5k & Santa Toddle
Sun 5th Dec 2021 - Edinburgh
Intro to Trail Running: Cotswold Hills
Sat 30th Oct 2021 - Nympsfield