This Challenge takes in some of England's finest scenery as a walk, jog or run. An Eastbourne start, up the infamous Beachy Head, through the Seven Sisters Country Park and along the South Downs Way. A Brighton midpoint, Devils Dyke, stunning views, sunset and sunrise all lie ahead, before the Cathedral spire of historic Arundel comes into view and a welcome finish line after 100k and an amazing personal journey. 50k and 25k options.
Take on some of England's finest scenery - up Beachy Head, over the magnificent Seven Sisters, and along the South Downs Way with stunning views to a Brighton mid-point. Devil's Dyke, welcome rest stops, ups & downs all lie ahead before historic Arundel comes into view after an amazing journey you'll never forget.
Whether you're a keen walker and new to endurance events, or even a seasoned marathon runner looking to up the distance, your challenge will be unforgettable, with full support & great hospitality all the way.
Eastbourne start on Saturday morning, you'll Walk, Jog, or Run along the coastal path & South Downs Way through day & night (for some) on this 24+ hour challenge all the way to Arundel. The route goes through stunning scenery, with a Brighton half way point, and the undulating path will test you - but will be incredibly rewarding.
With some training and determination you'll be amazed at what you can achieve!
Key Partner Charities:
breast cancer now
cancer research uk
great ormond street hospital children's charity
help for heroes
macmillan cancer support
How to enter the South Coast Challenge
- Run 100km
- Run 100mi
- Run 55km
- Run 45km
- Run 23km
South Coast Challenge routes
Eastbourne to Arundel.
– Grass and chalk path terrain
– Eastbourne start – see the pier and shingle beach
– Marvel at the sea views from Birling Gap
– Seven Sisters Country Park – white cliffs
– Catch the effulgence of the water at Cuckmere
– Traverse the exposed hill tops to Southease
– Cross the River Ouse
– Half-way in Hove via the Brighton promenade
– See the 100m deep valley that is Devil’s Dyke
– Enjoy the panoramic view from Edburton Hill
– Cross the River Arun into the village of Houghton
– Arundel finish with views of the castle
South Coast Challenge weather forecast
Partly cloudy throughout the day.
South Coast Challenge reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was South Coast Challenge?