South Manchester Triathlon 2022
1 / 3
Booked 4 times in the last week
Take on the South Manchester Triathlon to test your physical endurance. With plenty of different races on offer, ranging from a sprint distance triathlon to a sprint distance aquathlon there will be something for everyone. Come to earn your finisher's medal.
Sprint Distance Aquabike, Sprint Distance Aquathlon, Sprint Distance Relay Triathlon, and 2 more
Sun, 11 Sept 2022
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
The event experience
Based on location
Invite friends, earn credit
After booking your event, invite your friends to join you and you'll get $10 credit if they make it their first Let's Do This booking.
Where and when
Wilmslow Leisure Centre, Station Rd, Rectory Fields, Wilmslow SK9 1BU, UK
Sun, 11 Sept 2022
Sprint Distance Aquabike:8:00am |
Sprint Distance Aquathlon:8:00am |
Sprint Distance Relay Triathlon:8:00am |
Sprint Distance Triathlon :8:00am |
Double Sprint Distance Triathlon:8:00am
Here's what races are available for South Manchester Triathlon 2022
1 / 2
The swim is at the amazing Wilmslow Leisure Centre where you will swim 400m (16-lengths of the pool)(32 for Double Sprint) before transitioning to the bike.
The picturesque 24.2km cycle route is a mainly flat with a few climbs throughout to keep you on your toes. You will explore the Cheshire countryside through Ashley and Mobberley before arriving back at the Leisure centre.
The 6.3km run leaves from the leisure centre along a flat and mixed terrain route which will take you through east Wilmslow before a few climbs around the River Bollin.
- Chip-timed results
- First Aid
- Free race photographs
- Seeded start
How to get there
Wilmslow Leisure Centre, Station Rd, Rectory Fields, Wilmslow SK9 1BU, UKGet full directions
There are a number of car parking options available:
- Church Street
- Manchester Road
- Wilmslow Park Road South
- Wilmslow Train Station
Event day logistics
08:00 All races start
All entrants must be between 15 - 99
- When entering the relay participant 1 is the swimmer, participant 2 will be the cyclist, and participant 3 will be the runner.
Please arrive race ready and have everything you need when you register. You will be given an arrival time via email. If you have a must Home Nation Association or Non-Home Nation Association ID bring it with you otherwise you will be charged £5 a day.
You will not be able to enter the transition zones without showing your race number.
- Cycle: This starts and finishes at the leisure centre. You must walk your bike to the mount/dismount line. Be careful when you mount your bike as there may be cars on the roads. Please Follow the Yellow signs. After the second lap of the course, the Double Sprinters must follow the pink signs.
- Run: Stay on the pavements where possible and follow signs. Starts and finishes at the leisure centre. Double Sprinters follow the towards the holding area and turn right for a second lap.
- Please treat race officials, event volunteers, spectators and your competitors with respect and courtesy. If you do not comply you may receive a penalty.
- Please follow the outlined course in the race booklet and briefing. Complete the specific course and the right numbers of laps or be disqualified. It is your responsibility to know the course and complete it.
- Nudity: You cannot get completely changed in the transition. Nudity included being topless during the bike and run or having the front of your top unfastened. If you do not comply you will be disqualified.
What to bring
- Soft bags: Soft bags are only allowed to store your equipment, please do not use rigid boxes as it could obstruct other competitors.
- Helmets: For all events, cyclists must be wearing a helmet that meets the minimum standards of ANSI Z90, SNELL B90, EN1078 or equivalent.
- Race belt: This is not required but is recommended by the organiser for a swift transition from the bike stage to the run stage. When on the bike your race number must be displayed on your back and on your front when running.
Banned Kit / Equipment
Using any of these items in the race can lead to disqualification.
- Mobile Phones
- Film Cameras
Can I wear headphones in the race at the South Manchester Triathlon?
Unfortunately you cannot wear headphones during this race as you will be disqualified.
Is there prizes for top finishers at the South Manchester Triathlon?
Yes there is but due to covid-19 guidelines the prize giving ceremony may not happen - most likely the prizes will be sent via post in the form of a voucher.
Is the course flat at the South Manchester Triathlon?
The course is mostly flat with a few minimal climbs throughout.
This event currently has no reviews, why not be the first? You could help someone find their perfect event.