We have increased the capacity and increased the entertainment and music on the traffic free route which includes Lord Street in Southport town centre and a start/finish area with live music and entertainment in Victoria Park.
Fully UKA Licensed with HM & 10k courses accurately measured and officially certified distances.
On the day we will also be running a free family mile event, with medals for all finishers. We're hoping to make the family mile the biggest event ever and encourage 1000 local children to take part.
How to enter the Southport Half Marathon & 10k
Do it for a good cause. Make those miles count and register for a charity place.
- Run 13.1miStandard EntriesCharity Entries
- Run 10km
- Run 1mi
Southport Half Marathon & 10k routes
The Half Marathon and 10k runners will start in Victoria Park and then head north along Lord St before the 10k turns left and heads around the Lake before returning to Victoria park along the Coast. The Half Marathon continues north after Lord St before taking in the beautiful Hesketh Park (home of Southport parkrun http://www.parkrun.org.uk/southport/) and then passed the Golf Club before returning to the coast and heading south towards the Marine Lake, then along Promenade and under the Pier, through Kings Gardens, around the Marine Lake and back to the coast via the lakeside pathway before heading south again and returning for a Finish in Victoria Park. The Family Mile will take place entirely within Victoria Park starting at 1120hrs after a large proportion (but not all) of the 10k/HM participants have finished. The course is flat, fast and the surface is tarmac for the majority of the route. The path alongside the western side of the Marine Lake is quite narrow in areas, please show caution in this section.
Questions & answers
- What time does the 10k start please?Hey there, just to let you know that the 10k and the Half Marathon will start at 9am. All the best!
Southport Half Marathon & 10k weather forecast
Meet the organizer
Epic Events are ranked #72 in the UK out of 559 organizers
Southport Half Marathon & 10k reviews (5)
4.9 out of 5 stars
Reasons people recommend this event
You may also like
- Simplyhealth Great Manchester Run24th May, Manchester
- Liverpool Half Marathon & 10 Mile15th Mar, Liverpool
- Run Aintree 5k, 10k & Half Marathon – February1st Feb, Liverpool
- Run Aintree 5K, 10K & Half – July26th Jul, Liverpool
- Essar Chester Half Marathon17th May, Chester
- Running Grand Prix Oulton Park- March1st Mar, Tarporley