1 / 3
Take on this 34 mile course around Chesterfield this spring. Whether you're ready to take it on yourself, or take part as a team, all are welcome to enjoy the beautiful scenery, the iconic Crooked Spire, and this friendly community event.
Sat 14th May 2022
North Wingfield, United Kingdom
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
The event experience
Based on location
5 to 20m elevation gain per km
Where and when
130 Whiteleas Ave, North Wingfield, Chesterfield S42 5PW, UK
Sat 14th May 2022
- Stunning scenery
How to get there
130 Whiteleas Ave, North Wingfield, Chesterfield S42 5PW, UKGet full directions
Parking is available in the field off of High Ashes Lane.
Event day logistics
The event has a strict 9 hour cut-off time. Entrants must pass through all 6 checkpoints within this time.
Entrants must be 18 and older to take part in the event.
Race number collection will be available at the event on race day, and will take place in an event shelter in the parking field.
Please note the new event venue is 6 miles away from North Wingfield. Do not head to the original community centre, instead head to High Ashes Farm, S45 0LH.
Do note that the facilities are more limited. No cafe, no hot drinks. There’ll be deluxe toilet tents in the field and the toilet block at the farm is only a 5 minute walk away.
Relay Teams must include 3 runners. The changes this year mean varying lengths for each leg.
The changeover checkpoints are: Barlow (there’s a little layby near to top of Keepers Lane where you can park) and Sutton Scarsdale (down a rough track to Park Cottage where you can park).
Note there are no toilets at the checkpoints. Once the live runner has checked in with the marshals at the changeover checkpoints they can then “handover” to their team mate. Relay legs are approx 9, 11 and 12 miles respectively.
Whilst waiting for your relay partner to arrive please observe social distancing.
Only leg 1 runner needs to be at the start (this will help reduce congestion). Leg 2 and 3 race numbers will be waiting for those respective runners at the checkpoint. Don’t forget to take your safety pins.
- Runners have 9 hours to complete the Spire Ultra. You must pass through ALL the checkpoints (6 in total) within the stated time limit. (Miss a CP = DNF)
- You must carry ALL items marked as mandatory from the equipment list (below) for the duration of the event.
- Any runner who is, in the opinion of the race directors or marshals, unfit to continue will be withdrawn from the race. THEIR DECISION IS FINAL.
- You must log in with the marshals at staffed checkpoints.
- You must notify a marshal at the first instance if you decide to retire from the event. Once you retire from the event, your race number must be surrendered and you will not be allowed to continue.
- Do not drop any litter.
- Respect other users of the countryside, fellow competitors and marshals.
- No climbing over fences, please use the stiles/gates.
- No dogs allowed (the route makes extensive use of farmland).
First Light Active
View more First Light Active events
Anyone who has experienced the edgy exhilaration of moving through new terrain at night will be familiar with the comfort offered by the arrival of first light – that magical moment when the Eastern horizon starts to illuminate with the promise of a new day. It is with this in mind that First Light Active brings you training, experiences and events.
Participants must carry the following kit at all times during the race.
- Waterproof Jacket with taped seams
- 500ml of fluid as a minimum, although 1 litre recommended. (If the forecast is hot then 1 litre will be mandated.)
- Sufficient nutrition for a day on the trail
- Hand Sanitiser
- Mobile phone with race director’s number (07741 488737) in contacts
- Map covering the route (gpx file is available below, do not rely solely on gpx though)
- Gloves (to reduce contamination risk from shared surfaces ie kissing gates as well as warmth)
Can I bring my dog to the Spire Ultra?
Unfortunately dogs are not permitted at the event.
Is there parking at the Spire Ultra?
Yes, parking is available in the field off of High Ashes Lane.
Is there a cut-off time at the Spire Ultra?
Yes, there is a cut-off time of 9 hours at the event, all participants must pass all 6 checkpoints to complete the race.
This event currently has no reviews, why not be the first? You could help someone find their perfect event.