Consider these instead
The St Albans Half Marathon has been cancelled. Here are other races in your area:
- Richmond Runfest Half Marathon, Marathon, and 10K11th Sep, London4.6(4)
- Hertfordshire Half Marathon22nd Nov, Stevenage4.6(7)
- Royal Parks Half Marathon10th Oct, London4.6(23)
- Maidenhead Half Marathon & Fun Run - September5th Sep, Maidenhead3.8(11)
- Burnham Beeches Half marathon and 10K - August8th Aug, Slough4.8(2)
- Hell-Fire Half and 10K11th Jul, High Wycombe4.8(11)
St Albans Half Marathon routes
Half Marathon/Walking Half/Wheelchair Half
The Start and Finish of the race is Verulamium Park. The course takes place on the country lanes of St Albans and although the route is hilly and challenging at times, you are rewarded with stunning views at the top of the hills. Marshals will help you throughout the race, and medical cover will be on hand. Keep thinking of the free ice lolly at the finish line to keep you going!
There will be food and drink stations throughout the course, and energy gels will be provided at Mile 6 and just before Mile 11.
The course is certified by UKA as a Half Marathon (13.1 Miles). The Walking Half Marathon is the only chip-timed event of its type in the country.
The 5K race stays within Verulamium Park, so you will benefit from the stunning surroundings throughout. Anyone can get involved in this relatively flat route, which goes around the lake and through the woods before returning to the Race Village.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is your question about booking your place? See our Help Center
St Albans Half Marathon weather forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.