A rural point to point race starting at Nether Lethame Farm, on the outskirts of Strathaven and finishing in Kirkland Park, Strathaven next to the primary school. The route is an undulating steady climb for the first 6 miles followed by a largely undulating downhill component and is accurately measured. The race takes place through exposed elevated terrain in the middle of winter and runners must be suitably attired for the race. We would expect all runners to carry a hat, waterproof jacket and trousers as a minimum. This will be checked at registration.; The race passes through some wonderful scenery including woodland and rural areas and at the half way stage passes by Whitelees Windfarm (the largest in Europe) where there are also stunning panoramic views over the Clyde Valley basin. We will be using chip timing -this means that you will receive an accurate and fast result for your start to finish line time. The race profile and route will be published on the Strathaven Striders website.; Registration takes place in Kirkland Park School, Kirkland Park Avenue, Strathaven ML10 6DY from 0815. From here competitors will be led by a small pipe band up Lethame Road to the race start (approximately 1 km) - this will be graduated and used as a warm up. The warm up procession to the start line will commence at 09.45.
How to enter the Strathaven Striders Run with the Wind Half Marathon
- Run 21km
Strathaven Striders Run with the Wind Half Marathon weather forecast
Rain starting in the afternoon.
You may also like
- Strathclyde Loch Marathon, Half & Fun Run22nd Nov, Bellshill4.4(3)
- Trail Pursuit Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K & 5K28th May 2021, Clappersgate
- Tollymore Trail Marathon Events14th Nov, Newcastle4.6(11)
- Hamsterley Forest 10K & Half Marathon - February6th Feb 2021, Hamster, Redford
- Run Heaton 5k, 10k & Half Marathon – November1st Nov, Manchester4.3(6)
- Liverpool Half Marathon & 10 Mile11th Sep 2021, Liverpool4.2(3)
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.