The Surrey Bacchus Marathon and Half Marathon returns - your chance to enjoy England’s premier Wine Marathon with five tasting stations (serving six different wines) over the Half Marathon and ten over the full Marathon.
Half of the route is inside the beautiful Denbies Wine Estate and the other half through National Trust Countryside and woodland along the Pilgrims Way and North Downs Way. It's a demanding route, but you'll have suitable respite at each of the sampling stations, then at the finish you can carry on the party spirit of the event at the post-race Hog Roast (Not included for the children’s run).
Recently, we began offering the Bacchus Lite 10km event that you can run, jog or walk. The route will be within Denbies Vineyard, through the vines and offers magnificent views - one wine sample station will be reached and the post-race Hog Roast is included for your entry fee.
How to enter the Surrey Bacchus Marathon, Half Marathon, 10KM and Children's Run
- Run 26.219mi
- Run 13.1mi
- Run 10km
- Run 3km
Surrey Bacchus Marathon, Half Marathon, 10KM and Children's Run routes
The route is one lap (Half) or two laps (Full) and starts and finishes at the main building inside Denbies Vineyard near Dorking, Surrey. The route is undulating and hilly in places as it is on the escarpment of the North Downs. Nearly all of the route is on trails taking in sections of the Pilgrims Way and North Downs Way with just the last 2 miles on hard road surfaces.
Using footpaths along the North Downs Way, you will be guaranteed breath-taking views over the Mole Valley, Ranmore Common and the North Downs.
Questions & answers
- Hi I’ve only had the Final Joining Instructions email. Do I pick up my race number on the day. How do I know what wave I am in.Hi there. Thanks for getting in touch. Please go to the registration desk and you will receive your race number and will be allocated a wave! :)
Surrey Bacchus Marathon, Half Marathon, 10KM and Children's Run weather forecast
Partly cloudy throughout the day.
Surrey Bacchus Marathon, Half Marathon, 10KM and Children's Run reviews (4)
4.7 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- Virgin Money London Marathon3rd Oct, London4.9(48)
- Brighton Marathon Weekend18th Sep, Brighton4.7(34)
- Richmond Runfest Half Marathon, Marathon, and 10K11th Sep, London4.6(4)
- Brighton Marathon Weekend16th Apr 2021, Brighton
- Thames Meander Marathon & Half – Winter7th Nov, Kingston upon Thames4.2(31)
- The Shere 42k, Half & 10k10th Jul, Shere4.1(3)