The classic sportive around the high Radnorshire hills including the spectacular Elan Valley and the notorious Glascwm challenge climb.
The Epic has been going since 2005 with 3,000+ riders enjoying a challenging day out in mid-Wales over the years.
Excellent support from Rideventures - fully signed, chip timed and with free hot food at the finish.
How to enter the The Autumn Epic
- Bike 150km
- Bike 130km
- Bike 80km
- Bike 40km
The Autumn Epic routes
Epic 150km Route:
- Same as the classic 95mile Epic route – except for an additional 8 mile loop that extends it to just over 100miles. New trial option for 2018 to satisfy riders wanting to hit the 100 mile target. All the same climbs and food stops as the 95miler, and just 440ft/130m more climbing.
- After the Elan Valley/Rhayader you’ll have the option to go left onto the Epic 100 or carry straight on for the regular Epic 95.
- The two route options rejoin relatively soon – before the Newbridge food stop.
- We’ll have Route Split and Confirmation signs to make sure you get on the right one.
Adventure 70km Route:
- New for 2018 – we’ve revised the return after the cafe – get ready for a steep (but safe) descent and then a new climb in Llanbister.
- It’s virtually car-free and even more scenic than the Epic/Legend course.
- New for 2018 this is a super-short intro to Epic riding. So short we don’t feed you on the route – but you can expect the full Autumn Epic chilli and baked potato once you return to Knighton.
- Follow the first 10miles of the Epic route (easy riding), then turn at Felindre for a long rising road up onto the hills (4 miles).
- Further dips and rises lead to a wide road descent through Crug and onto the long (2 miles) climb – Fron Goch.
- A final 3 mile descent gets you back into Knighton.
The Autumn Epic weather forecast
Rain in the evening and overnight.
The Autumn Epic reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was The Autumn Epic?
You may also like
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.