The Big Brutal Swim will take place at the stunning, glacially formed Llyn Padarn which is known for being sixth deepest lake in Wales. It's also home to a fish called the Arctic Char, a species left over from the time of the last Ice Age - although none of our swimmers have spotted one yet.
This is held at the same venue as The Brutal Extreme Triathlons and therefore great preparation for the event later in the month. This event is open to wetsuit and non-wetsuit swimmers. There will be separate categories for wetsuit and skins swimmers.
The distances available are 2.5k, 5k and 10k.
How to enter the The Big Brutal Swim
- Swim 2.5km
- Swim 5km
- Swim 10km
The Big Brutal Swim routes
The 2.5k swimmers will complete 2 laps
The 5k swimmers will complete 4 laps
The 10k swimmers will complete 8 laps
Swimmers to exit water every 2 laps.
The cut offs are as follows: 2 hours for the 2.5k, 3 hours for the 5k and 5 hours for the 10k.
Questions & answers
- My daughter who is 16 wants to enter either the 2.5 or 5 k race. Is this event open to children or just adults?Hey there just to let you know as long as you have experience and someone with you at the event, they'll allow swimmers from 16 years. All the best!
The Big Brutal Swim weather forecast
Possible light rain starting in the afternoon.
Meet the organizer
Brutal Run are ranked #50 in the UK out of 559 organizers
The Big Brutal Swim reviews
Reasons people recommend this event
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was The Big Brutal Swim?
You may also like
- The SportPursuit Slateman Triathlon, Duathlon & Swim Events13th Jun, Llanberis
- The Snowman Triathlon1st Aug, Betws-y-Coed
- Limelight Sports - Swimathon27th Mar, undefined
- The Swim To The Edge Series – Solva Swim6th Jun, Solva
- The Swim To The Edge Series – The Abereiddy Swim15th Aug, Haverfordwest
- The Marlow Classic24th May, Marlow