The triathlon runs alongside the Tour of the Dengie Cycle Sportive & Fun Ride.
The Big East Triathlon is set in an ideal location for triathlon and is great preparation for Ironman, the season ahead, or anyone in search of a new challenge. There are two distances to choose from: Challenge Distance and Middle Distance.
The event consists of an Open Water Swim in the River Blackwater, Cycle around the quiet and scenic roads of the Dengie Peninsula and finishes with an inspirational lapped Run around the sea wall and marshes passing the historic St Peters Chapel. The Big East Triathlon has already established itself as a true classic!
How to enter the Big East Triathlon
- Triathlon: Swim 1.6km, Bike 82km, Run 20km
- Triathlon: Swim 0.8km, Bike 43km, Run 10km
Big East Triathlon routes
All course details and maps can be found at www.dengieevents.co.uk/big-east-triathlon
Big East Triathlon weather forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
Big East Triathlon reviews
4 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- The Islander – Middle Distance Triathlon18th Jul, West Mersea
- The Fugitive5th Jul, Marlow
- The Snowman Triathlon1st Aug, Betws-y-Coed
- The SportPursuit Slateman Triathlon, Duathlon & Swim Events13th Jun, Llanberis
- Sandman Triathlon & Duathlon12th Sep, Llanfairpwllgwyngyll
- Wales Triathlon13th Jun, Fishguard