Racing across mountains, hills, fells and trails in Ultra-marathon distances is great for the soul, much like in our Calderdale Way Ultra. However, the opportunity to record fast, flat miles over Ultra distances is not often achievable. For this reason, we created The Canalathon.
This event comprises of 3 races-
1. 50km: A 31-mile Ultra-marathon across the famous Route 66 Rochdale Canal,
2. 75km: A 46-mile Ultra-marathon that is an out and back route from Sowerby to Oldham and back to Sowerby.
3. 100km: A 62-mile Ultra-marathon beginning in Sowerby Bridge, follows the route all the way until Manchester, turns and follows the same route back, ending where you started in Sowerby Bridge.
How to enter the The Canalathon
- Run 100km
- Run 75km
- Run 50km
The Canalathon weather forecast
Partly cloudy throughout the day.
Meet the organizer
The Canalathon reviews (2)
4.8 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- Whitworth Trail Marathon15th Aug, Whitworth4.4(4)
- Maverick Adidas Terrex X & Ultra Peak District17th Jul, Bakewell
- Peak District Challenge17th Sep, Hathersage5(2)
- White Rose Ultra6th Nov, Huddersfield4.5(2)
- Time2Run Wirral 24 Hour Run14th Aug, Thurstaston4.7(1)
- Hell of A Hill Marathon 5 Day Challenge11th Nov, Heath Charnock5(4)