Racing across mountains, hills, fells and trails in Ultra-marathon distances is great for the soul, much like in our Calderdale Way Ultra. However, the opportunity to record fast, flat miles over Ultra distances is not often achievable. For this reason, we created The Canalathon.
This event comprises of 3 races-
1. 50km: A 31-mile Ultra-marathon across the famous Route 66 Rochdale Canal,
2. 75km: A 46-mile Ultra-marathon that is an out and back route from Sowerby to Oldham and back to Sowerby.
3. 100km: A 62-mile Ultra-marathon beginning in Sowerby Bridge, follows the route all the way until Manchester, turns and follows the same route back, ending where you started in Sowerby Bridge.
How to enter the The Canalathon
- Run 100km
- Run 75km
- Run 50km
The Canalathon weather forecast
Partly cloudy throughout the day.
The Canalathon reviews (2)
4.8 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- White Rose Ultra6th Nov, Huddersfield4.5(2)
- The Drop Huddersfield28th Dec, Huddersfield
- Snowdonia Trail Marathon10th Jul 2021, Caernarfon4.9(4)
- Hell of A Hill Marathon 5 Day Challenge11th Nov, Heath Charnock5(4)
- The Northants 'Shires and Spires Event' - Ultra 35, Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K15th May 2021, Naseby
- Rose of the Shires Ultra 5427th Mar 2021, Northampton
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.