The Dragon 100 Coastal Race

Event passed
See results and photos
About
The Dragon 100 Coastal Race is a ultra-trail footrace along the Wales Coastal Path. There is a choice of TWO distances - 100 miles from Rhossili Bay to Cardiff Bay OR 100 kilometers from Afan Forest to Cardiff Bay. The routes are ideal for a first attempt at either distance or for a seasoned runner looking to post a quick time over some fast runnable trails.
Participants
View details
Calendar
View logistics
LocationPin
View location
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
Tick

Best price guarantee

We're #1 in customer satisfaction -

Invite friends, earn credit

After booking your event, invite your friends to join you and you'll get $10 credit if they make it their first Let's Do This booking.

Where and when
Location
Rhossili, Swansea SA3, UK
Start times
Sat, 4 May 2019
100K:
TBC |
100 Miles:
TBC
Races summary
Here's what races are available for The Dragon 100 Coastal Race
100K
PathWithPin
100km
£70.00
100 Miles
PathWithPin
100mi
£120.00
Route information
80% of the 100mile route follows the Wales Coastal Path and passes through some stunning sceneary including the Gower Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and the Glamorgan Heritage Coast. The remaining 20% of the 100 mile route leaves the Coast path and takes you inland through an excellant network of Forestry trails through the Afan Forest.
The Dragon 100k route starts with some rolling forest trails, then after approxiately 15 miles joins onto the Wales Coast Path at Kenfig sands and follows it to Cardiff.
Both routes finish at the iconic Norwegian Church after a run over the Cardiff Bay Barrage.
The Dragon 100mile route has approximately 3000 meters of ascent, and the Dragon 100k has approximately 1700 meters of ascent, so are perfect for a first 100 in either distance or a fast time.
What's included
  • Checkpoints with Comprehensive refreshments (11 for the 100mile and 6 for the 100k).
  • Waymarked Course, GPS File & Route Notes
  • Race Medal
  • Race T-shirt
  • Post event meal
  • Race Safety Team Cover
  • Amazing Marshals
Train
How to get there
Rhossili, Swansea SA3, UK
Get full directionsExternalLink
As the route is linear you will need to either get dropped off and picked up or park your car at the finish in Cardiff Bay and catch one of the busses provided to the start of the event. The busses leave Cardiff Bay at the 1500 on Saturday for the 100miles race and at 0515 on Sunday for the 100k race. If you want to catch the bus you will need to select this option when you sign up. You will be able to leave a drop bag at the start that will be transported to the finish for you.
Event day logistics
Saturday
1500- Coaches collect 100mile runners from Cardiff
1645 Coaches drop off in Rhossili
1630-1730 Regsitration in Rhossili
1730- 100mile Brief
1800- 100mile Race Start
Sunday
0515- Coaches collect 100k runners from Cardiff
0600-0645 Registration in Afan
0645- 100k Brief
0700- 100k Race start
Monday
0100 All courses closed
Reviews
This event currently has no reviews, why not be the first? You could help someone find their perfect event.
Event passed
See results and photos
Office

Aviation House, 125 Kingsway,

London, WC2B 6NH

Reg number 10083277

Follow Us
© Let's Do This 2022
image
🇬🇧