The East Grinstead Aquathlon is back. Did you miss us?
We've teamed up with Go Tri! to create an even better, more beginner friendly event. Entry is now £14 for everyone- no day license required for non-BTF members.
The event will start with a 500-meter swim in the Kings Centre pool and then after a quick transition it's a 5 km run round East Grinstead. Finally we all gather at the Kings Centre cafe for a coffee, a bit of cake and a small presentation to the winners of the various categories (we still like a bit of competition!).
For those of you who are local and would like a bit of extra coaching - whether to get up to 500m swim or to improve your time - why not join us on a Saturday morning for the clubs training sessions?
All this and an extra hour in bed (the clocks change this weekend) what could be better?
How to enter the The East Grinstead Aquathlon
- Aquathlon: Swim 0.5km, Run 5km
The East Grinstead Aquathlon route
Swim 500m 20 lengths in the pool at Kings Centre (Olympos)
Run 5km Two laps that include part of the historic high street and local roads.
The roads are open to traffic, where possible use the footpath, care must be taken crossing roads, especially in the centre of town. Marshals will be there to enable you to cross safely. PLEASE DO NOT CROSS unless a marshal indicates that it is safe to do so.
Run route description:
- From transition, just outside the pool, follow the path to the footbridge.
- Cross the foot bridge
- At the end of the foot bridge continue along London road
- At the junction turn left into king street, crossing the road when it is safe to do so
- Turn left onto Christopher Road
- Cross the junction with Cantaloupe Road. Care
- Cross the Junction with Chequer Road. Care
- Turn right by hall and follow footpath
- Turn left onto Cantaloupe Road
- Turn Left onto High Street
- Turn Left onto Church Road, Care stretches with no footpath
- Turn Right onto De La Warr Road, cross road with care
- Turn Left onto College Lane
- Turn Left onto Shady Lane and follow lane to T junction
- Turn Left onto Cranston Road
- Turn Left into kings centre
- On First Lap: turn Left onto asphalt path and follow round St. Georges Field, turn left onto footbridge, repeat from step 2
- On Second lap: continue straight on to the finish
The East Grinstead Aquathlon weather forecast
The East Grinstead Aquathlon reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was The East Grinstead Aquathlon?