Regarded by many as Britain’s premier Ultra, this is a 145 mile continuous race from Gas Street Basin in the Centre of Birmingham, to Little Venice in the heart of London. Run entirely on the waymarked Grand Union Canal Towpath, the easy to navigate, and relatively flat route, takes runners through a variety of urban and rural scenery – there should be something for everyone.
This is a race organised by enthusiasts, for enthusiasts. It is definitely “old school”; definitely low key, and definitely a long way. There are no entry qualifications (other than that you must be over eighteen and willing to give it a good try) so runners of all abilities are welcomed. Entrants should, though, be aware that they must be able to maintain a rate of progress in line with an overall time limit of 45 hours.
How to enter the The Grand Union Canal Race
- Run 145mi
The Grand Union Canal Race route
Grand Union Canal RaceStart Time: 6:00am
The Grand Union Canal Race weather forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
Meet the organiserOrganizer's website
The Grand Union Canal Race reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was The Grand Union Canal Race?
You may also like
- The Northants 'Shires and Spires Event' - Ultra 35, Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K15th May 2021, Naseby
- Race to the Tower4th Jun 2021, Whiteshill4.8(6)
- Rose of the Shires Ultra 5427th Mar 2021, Northampton
- Dixons Carphone Race to the Stones9th Jul 2021, Lewknor4.8(114)
- Snowdonia Trail Marathon10th Jul 2021, Caernarfon4.9(4)
- Country to Capital Ultra 439th Jan 2021, Wendover4(1)
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.