Regarded by many as Britains premier Ultra, this is a 145 mile continuous race from Gas Street Basin in the Centre of Birmingham, to Little Venice in the heart of London. Run entirely on the waymarked Grand Union Canal Towpath, the easy to navigate, and relatively flat route, takes runners through a variety of urban and rural scenery there should be something for everyone.
This is a race organised by enthusiasts, for enthusiasts. It is definitely old school; definitely low key, and definitely a long way. There are no entry qualifications (other than that you must be over eighteen and willing to give it a good try) so runners of all abilities are welcomed. Entrants should, though, be aware that they must be able to maintain a rate of progress in line with an overall time limit of 45 hours.
How to enter the The Grand Union Canal Race
Do it for a good cause. Make those miles count and register for a charity place.
- Run 145miStandard EntriesCharity Entries
The Grand Union Canal Race weather forecast
Drizzle throughout the day.
The Grand Union Canal Race reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was The Grand Union Canal Race?
You may also like
- The Northants 'Shires and Spires Event' - Ultra 35, Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K16th May, Naseby
- Mizuno Endure24 – Reading13th Jun, Reading
- Race to the Tower18th Jul, Whiteshill
- Mizuno Endure24 – Leeds4th Jul, Wetherby
- Dixons Carphone Race to the Stones4th Jul, Lewknor
- Rose of the Shires Ultra28th Mar, Northampton