The Imber Ultra Marathon is a trail run of approximately 33 miles. It starts at the Leighton Recreation Centre in the town of Westbury at the north west of the Imber Ranges.
Over the first couple of miles runners ascend the escarpment of Salisbury Plain, then follow the Imber Range Perimeter Path in an anti clockwise direction.
In the first 10 miles they pass round the town of Warminster and a number of iron age hill forts on footpaths. Then they run on metalled roads, bridleways and tracks east then north.
On the way they pass through some of the most remote parts of southern England, apart from a German village around the halfway mark! The final 10 miles are westward along the north side of the training area. Here the going is good on roads or big tracks, but it will be against the usually prevailing wind to add to the challenge. The final couple of miles include the biggest descent of the day, back to the finish at the Leighton Recreation Centre.
How to enter the The Imber Ultra
- Run 33mi
The Imber Ultra weather forecast
Rain throughout the day.
The Imber Ultra reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was The Imber Ultra?
You may also like
- Race to the Tower4th Jun 2021, Whiteshill4.8(6)
- Testway Ultra2nd Apr 2021, Linkenholt4.7(2)
- Thames Trot 50 – The Return of the Boat Race23rd Oct, Oxford4.1(21)
- Brenda Parker Way Ultra13th Mar 2021, Aldershot
- Monster Run25th Jun 2021, Windsor
- The Northants 'Shires and Spires Event' - Ultra 35, Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K15th May 2021, Naseby
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.