The Longhorn is back!
Choose 5k, 10k, half marathon, full marathon or 60k Ultra set in private areas of Sherwood Forest & the beautiful grounds of Thoresby Park; next to a Grade1 listed 19th Century country house in north Nottinghamshire; Thoresby Hall.
Running over old military roads, cleared tracks through ancient woodland and grassed paths around the country estate. The route includes a few hills to offer a small challenge around the course in the most scenic countryside & forest. The elevation is noted on the downloadable course map. The course has very firm hard ground if dry (2015) but if we get rain (or snow!) then there can also be considerable amount of muddy areas to run through (2016).
How to enter the The Longhorn
Do it for a good cause. Make those miles count and register for a charity place.
- Run 60kmStandard EntriesCharity Entries
- Run 26.2mi
- Run 13.1mi
- Run 10km
- Run 26.2mi
Questions & answers
- Is there a cut off time for the 60k ultraHi there. Just to let you know that the ultra will have an 8 hour limit to complete the course
- When will booking for the 2020 Longhorn open please?Hi there. Just to let you know that the entries for 2020 are now open and available to book
The Longhorn weather forecast
Meet the organizer
The Longhorn reviews (3)
4.7 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- Mizuno Endure24 – Leeds4th Jul, Wetherby
- Maverick Adidas Terrex X & Ultra Peak District18th Jul, Bakewell
- The Northants 'Shires and Spires Event' - Ultra 35, Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K16th May, Naseby
- The Oldham Way – Red Rose Ultra18th Apr, Delph
- Leicestershire Round - Series 38th Feb, Cossington
- Rose of the Shires Ultra28th Mar, Northampton