The Peninsula Triathlon is brought to you by Ipswich Basketball Club and is based in the idyllic setting of the Royal Hospital School, Holbrook, Suffolk. The pool swim and traffic free run course makes the Peninsula Triathlon ideal for novices. The events cycle course takes in some of the most stunning countryside in Suffolk and is prodominately on quiet country roads.
Boasting Chip Timing and very experienced organisers the event is likely to fill up fast, we will keep a short waiting list for those who may have to withdraw.
How to enter the The Peninsula Triathlon
- Triathlon: Swim 0.5km, Bike 32.15km, Run 5km
The Peninsula Triathlon route
Start times will be seeded with the slower swimmers starting first. Swim start times will be spaced 30 seconds apart so the need for overtaking should be minimal. You will swim up the left hand side of the lane and then back down the right hand side of the same lane. At the end of each 2 lengths, you will move under the ropes into the next lane and continue until you have swum in all 6 lanes. Start times will not be published until race day.
A single lap road course, totalling 20 miles. The cycle course is mainly on rural roads, which heads from the Royal Hospital School towards Shotley, then turns towards Chelmondiston, Woolverstone, Freston, Alton Water, Stutton and Holbrook. The route is predominately on quiet country roads and will be well signed and marshalled.
A double lap course around The Royal Hospital School which is prodominately on footpath and small section on grass, totalling 5K
Questions & answers
- Is there any where I can get the bike map route so a can put it on my bike computer?Hi there! I'm afraid the organisers haven't released a downloadable map of the bike course. Sorry about that!
The Peninsula Triathlon weather forecast
Rain throughout the day.
The Peninsula Triathlon reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was The Peninsula Triathlon?
You may also like
- The London Triathlon7th Aug, London4.5(157)
- Gosfield Lake Triathlon & Multisport18th Jul, Gosfield4.5(4)
- The Islander – Middle Distance Triathlon17th Jul, West Mersea4.7(37)
- Mersea Island Sprint & Olympic Triathlon18th Jul, West Mersea4.9(10)
- Triathlon Team Relays Bedford1st Aug, Bedford
- The UK Emergency Services Games28th Aug, Milton Keynes