A strong swim in the tidal Beaulieu River, a road bike leg in the southern area of the New Forest, and a fairly flat and sheltered run on lanes and river footpaths. Relay team option available for the middle distance, plus AquaBike (swim & cycle).
How to enter the The Swashbuckler Middle Distance Triathlon
- Triathlon: Swim 1.9km, Bike 90km, Run 22km
The Swashbuckler Middle Distance Triathlon route
Likely water temperature is 13-14 degrees. Please note wetsuits will be compulsory. Neoprene swim hats are recommended under your coloured swim hat. We also allow booties to be worn. Mass start or wave starts depending upon final entry numbers. The swim course will be 2 laps in the river & marked by buoys & patrol kayaks. You will exit on the same slipway and then follow a matted path up through the village and into the transition area. The river is tidal so there will be a bit of a current in places!
The cut-off time for completion of the bike course is 5 hours after the start time Competitors finishing after this time will not be permitted to start the run course.
RUNNERS SHOULD KEEP TO THE LEFT ON THE ROAD UNLESS OTHERWISE DIRECTED. Tracks are gravel based – some tree routes and uneven surfaces along the river bank.
The Swashbuckler Middle Distance Triathlon weather forecast
Clear throughout the day.
The Swashbuckler Middle Distance Triathlon reviews
3.7 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- The Fugitive5th Jul, Marlow
- The Islander – Middle Distance Triathlon18th Jul, West Mersea
- The Snowman Triathlon1st Aug, Betws-y-Coed
- The SportPursuit Slateman Triathlon, Duathlon & Swim Events13th Jun, Llanberis
- Wales Triathlon13th Jun, Fishguard
- Sandman Triathlon & Duathlon12th Sep, Llanfairpwllgwyngyll