The Swashbuckler Middle Distance Triathlon
Middle Distance Triathlon and Aquabike
Sun, 18 Jul 2021
Beaulieu, United Kingdom
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
Best price guarantee
We're #1 in customer satisfaction
Based on location and reviews
Invite friends, earn credit
After booking your event, invite your friends to join you and you'll get £10 credit if they make it their first Let's Do This booking.
Sun, 18 Jul 2021
- From transition at Bucklers Hard follow lane towards Beaulieu.
- Turn left at the junction towards East End
- Turn Right at the t-junction & continue to East Boldre.
- At the T-junction Turn Right.
- At the next T-junction turn right again to Beaulieu
- Continue towards Beaulieu Road Station
- Turn right at the marshal just before the hotel on your left
- Continue to Ipley Crossroads where Left when safe / directed
- Caution over cattle-grid and tight left hand bend just beyond
- Turn left after the Bold Forester pub, caution on tight right hand bend just beyond the junction.
- Continue to Ashurst to merge left with A35 – extreme caution!
- Continue on A35 to Lyndhurst. Cyclists must keep in single file and tight to the left on this busy road!
- Join the one-way system in Lyndhurst (you may have to stop at pedestrian lights)
- Keep Left and follow the A337 to Brockenhurst. Cyclists must keep in single file and tight to the left on this busy road!
- Turn left at the Balmer Lawn Hotel – caution cattle grid on the junction!
- SLOW & extreme caution through very narrow village lane!
- Continue out of Brockenhurst across the heath, back to Beaulieu on the B3055
- Repeat a 2nd lap as above from point 6 to 12 then:
- On the 2nd time you reach Lyndhurst turn left into B3056 Beaulieu Rd at Bolton’s
- Bench just before the large hotel on your left (opposite the fire station)
- At Beaulieu Road Station, just past the pub and hotel, turn Left
- At Ipley crossroads turn right when safe / directed—be prepared to STOP.
- Continue to t-junction at Leygreen Farm where prepare to stop if necessary and turn left when safe / directed
- Continue to Beaulieu Hill to turn left to Bunkers Hill and return to Buckler’s Hard
- Exit transition and cross straight over the access road into farm lane opposite
- Continue along lane to the t-junction and turn left
- At the marshal point cross when instructed safe to do so and turn right
- At High Wood junction you continue straight on, climb past the cemetery following lane around to the right until the t-junction.
- Turn right onto wider road (watch out for traffic and cyclists!) then take the next track left to Bailey’s Hard
- Follow the track around to your right and continue along riverside path to return to Buckler’s Hard
- Continue past Transition to start your 2nd lap
- On completion of your 2nd lap turn into the finish chute!
- Tracks are gravel based – some tree routes and uneven surfaces along the river bank.
- Finisher's medal
- Finisher's T-shirt
- Post-event food
- Aid stations
- Swim - 1 hour from your start time
- Bike - 5 hours from race start
- Run - 8 hours from race start