Described as the deepest, steepest and the highest, this half Ironman challenge is surely one of the toughest in the Country. The swim is in Wastwater, the Lake District's deepest; the bike leg has 7,217ft of climb over the big three Lakeland passes - Kirkstone via the 'Struggle', Wrynose and Hardnott, both directions - and is described as the steepest and most gruelling half Iron Bike section anywhere in the World; the run around the stunning Fairfield Horseshoe ascends over 2,600ft. But it's not so much the total ascent that will hurt, it's the severity that will cause the damage!
How to enter the The Wasdale Triathlon Half X
- Triathlon: Swim 1.9km, Bike 90km, Run 21.2km
The Wasdale Triathlon Half X route
70.3 (Half Ironman)Start Time: 8:00am
The Wasdale Triathlon Half X weather forecast
Light rain throughout the day.
The Wasdale Triathlon Half X reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was The Wasdale Triathlon Half X?
You may also like
- The SportPursuit Slateman Triathlon, Duathlon & Swim Events13th Jun 2020, Llanberis
- The Snowman Triathlon1st Aug 2020, Betws-y-Coed
- Sandman Triathlon & Duathlon12th Sep 2020, Llanfairpwllgwyngyll
- Wales Triathlon13th Jun 2020, Fishguard
- The Fugitive5th Jul 2020, Marlow
- The Islander – Middle Distance Triathlon18th Jul 2020, West Mersea