10 MILE WILD NIGHT RUN RACE
The South Wests toughest Night Race returns for a 6th year! 10 tough, muddy, rocky, boggy miles on Dartmoor.
The first five miles is mainly uphill following the river to Shipley Bridge with one or two brief descents to give you some respite. There is then a tarmac section (though still slightly uphill) before you get out onto Dartmoor. Blizzards, nearly waist deep bogs youll find them all in this section of the course. The second half is mainly downhill but with a couple of short sharp climbs to keep you on your toes including the notorious and very muddy Brent Hill. This is a tough race and not for the faint-hearted. Matching your half marathon time on a flat track is not easy!
5 MILE MILD NIGHT RUN
Still wild but shorter. This follows the stunning river path from South Brent to Shipley Bridge, mainly uphill with a couple of short downs, then loops round to descend a steep rocky track (care needed) before rejoining the last section of the river path. Still challenging but aimed at less experienced runners.
1 KM AND 2KM KIDS RACES
We have now added kids races to the Wild Night Run for children aged 2-11.
How to enter the The Wild Night Run
- Run 10mi
- Run 5mi
The Wild Night Run weather forecast
Light rain starting in the afternoon.
Meet the organizer
You may also like
- Dartmoor Volcano Race6th Sep, Scorriton
- Simplyhealth Great South Run17th Oct, Portsmouth
- The Wendover Woods Autumn Festival of Running21st Nov, Aylesbury
- The Cannock Chase 10 & 5 Mile9th Feb, Rugeley
- Liverpool Half Marathon & 10 Mile15th Mar, Liverpool
- RunThrough Lee Valley VeloPark 5k, 10k, 10 Mile & Half Marathon – January25th Jan, London