10 MILE WILD NIGHT RUN RACE
The South West’s toughest Night Race returns for a 6th year! 10 tough, muddy, rocky, boggy miles on Dartmoor.
The first five miles is mainly uphill following the river to Shipley Bridge with one or two brief descents to give you some respite. There is then a tarmac section (though still slightly uphill) before you get out onto Dartmoor. Blizzards, nearly waist deep bogs – you’ll find them all in this section of the course. The second half is mainly downhill but with a couple of short sharp climbs to keep you on your toes including the notorious and very muddy Brent Hill. This is a tough race and not for the faint-hearted. Matching your half marathon time on a flat track is not easy!
5 MILE MILD NIGHT RUN
Still wild but shorter. This follows the stunning river path from South Brent to Shipley Bridge, mainly uphill with a couple of short downs, then loops round to descend a steep rocky track (care needed) before rejoining the last section of the river path. Still challenging but aimed at less experienced runners.
1 KM AND 2KM KIDS RACES
We have now added kids races to the Wild Night Run for children aged 2-11.
How to enter the The Wild Night Run
- Run 10mi
- Run 5mi
The Wild Night Run weather forecast
Meet the organiser
You may also like
- The PB Breaker Half & 16km2nd Oct 2021, Glastonbury
- The Wendover Woods Autumn Festival of Running21st Nov, Aylesbury4.7(13)
- RunThrough Lee Valley VeloPark – November28th Nov, London4.6(5)
- RunThrough Lee Valley VeloPark – December19th Dec, London4.5(5)
- Liverpool Half Marathon & 10 Mile11th Sep 2021, Liverpool4.2(3)
- Draycote Water November - 10k & 10 Mile8th Nov, Kites Hardwick4.1(6)
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.