Tour de Helvellyn
Sat, 15 Dec 2018
Penrith, United Kingdom
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
Best price guarantee
We're #1 in customer satisfaction -
Based on location
>200m elevation gain per km
Invite friends, earn credit
After booking your event, invite your friends to join you and you'll get $10 credit if they make it their first Let's Do This booking.
Sat, 15 Dec 2018
- All of the route follows footpaths, bridleways or minor lanes in a logical sequence around Helvellyn, but it is unmarked and you need to navigate. No route description is issued; as competent navigators you won’t need one!
- Start and finish at Askham Community Centre (513 237).
- CP1 Martindale Church (435 191)
- CP2 Side Farm (398 162) opens at 9.30am – closes at 11.45am.
- CP3 Swart Beck Footbridge (359 179).
- CP4 Stannah Beck footpath / Bridleway junction / finger post (321 189)
- CP5 Swirls car park (317 168)
- CP6 Birkside Ghyll (326 124).
- CP7 Side Farm (398 162) cut off 4:30pm,
- CP8 Martindale Church (435 191)
- Finish at Askham Community Centre (513 237)
There is a limit of c.200 starters on this event. (Entry limit is set to accept 225 to allow an extra 10% for withdrawals, so if you are number 207, or such, do not panic!).
**Registration**Friday Evening – Registration is open in Askham CC between 8pm and 10pm only.Saturday Morning – Registration is open from 6.00am – until 9:00am.
- Waterproof Jacket with hood, waterproof over trousers.
- Long sleeved thermal ‘base layer’ shirt, plus an additional long sleeved micro-fleece mid-layer.
- A third additional ’emergency’, retirement layer, such as a primaloft gilet or jacket, is very strongly recommended.
- Warm hat and gloves/mitts
- Long thermal leg wear. Shorts may be worn if conditions and personal preference allow – but long leg wear must be carried, and in addition to over trousers.
- Headtorch – even for the fastest, even if it is just a small emergency light.
- Food / drink – and plenty of it! Two Controls will provide savoury ‘nibbles’ to supplement your own food*
- Compass, whistle, SURVIVAL BAG and emergency food.
- First Aid Kit – Minimum of one 5x5cm wound dressing and a roll of tape or bandage.
- A map suitable to navigate you around the route – it’s your choice. A GPS or SATMAP is not a map and not acceptable.
- Mug and/or drinks bottle