The Vale of York Half Marathon: the fast, flat, PB-loving half marathon in aid of Sue Ryder just got better.
This year the race will start on a real (but not live!) runway. Our hosts (and friends) at Sherburn Aero Club are closing the airfield to traffic to let you taxi to the start and take off (with clearance from Air Traffic Control) on 13.1 flat miles on scenic closed roads south of York.
For the novice runner this is a perfect introduction to a longer distance. For the more seasoned racer it is a genuine PB opportunity. And for those training for an autumn marathon it fits perfectly into your training schedule. Follow the event on Twitter and Facebook to get all the news on our fifth year surprises.
How to enter the Vale of York Half Marathon
- Run 21.097km
Vale of York Half Marathon route
Vale of York Half MarathonStart Time: 8:30am
Questions & answers
Vale of York Half Marathon weather forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
Vale of York Half Marathon reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Vale of York Half Marathon?
You may also like
- The SimplyHealth Great North Run12th Sep, Newcastle upon Tyne4.9(50)
- Warrington Running Festival19th Sep, Warrington
- Run Heaton 5k, 10k & Half - August1st Aug, Manchester5(3)
- Cheshire Half Marathon11th Sep, Siddington
- Run Heaton 5k, 10k & Half Marathon – November1st Nov, Manchester4.3(6)
- Run Aintree 5K, 10K & Half – July25th Jul, Liverpool4.8(8)