How to enter the Virgin Money London Marathon
- Run 26.2mi
Virgin Money London Marathon route
The course winds its way through the heart of London. Along the way you will pass many of the capital's most famous landmarks including Buckingham Palace, The Cutty Sark, Tower Bridge, The Tower of London, The London Eye and The Houses of Parliament. The marathon will finish on The Mall in front of cheering crowds.
There will be drinks stations every mile after mile 3 through to 25, apart from miles 7 and 11, where Lucozade Sport is available.
Compostable cups - Three Drinks Stations will be trialling compostable cups instead of bottles this year. Water stations at miles 10 and 19 and Lucozade Sport at mile 23 will offer drinks in compostable cups. Try drinking from a cup in training before Race Day.
Recycling - The London Marathon works to recycle as many bottles as they can and you can help. Bottles are easier to recycle if they are empty so remember to #DrinkDrainDrop – squeeze out any remaining liquid and drop your empty bottle to the side of the road. Local authority cleansing teams will collect the discarded bottles, which will then be sent for recycling.
London MarathonStart Time: 9:00am
Frequently Asked Questions
Is your question about booking your place? See our Help Center
Virgin Money London Marathon weather forecast
Meet the organizer
London Marathon Events are ranked #60 in the UK out of 276 organizers
You may also like
- Richmond Runfest Half Marathon, Marathon, and 10K11th Sep, London4.6(4)
- Brighton Marathon Weekend18th Sep, Brighton4.7(34)
- Brighton Marathon Weekend16th Apr 2021, Brighton
- Thames Meander Marathon & Half – Winter7th Nov, Kingston upon Thames4.2(31)
- The Twilight Friday Ultra, Marathon & Half Marathon30th Jul, Ilford2.3(1)
- The Twilight Ultra, Marathon & Half Marathon31st Jul, Ilford4.6(6)