How to enter the Virgin Money London Marathon
- Run 26.2mi
Virgin Money London Marathon route
The London Marathon course is one of the most iconic routes in running. Winding its way through the heart of the capital, with crowds lining the side of the route at every step, the course has barely changed since the race was first held in 1981.
The course begins starts in leafy Blackheath, heads east through Charlton and Woolwich for three miles, turns west and passes the Cutty Sark in Greenwich after six to seven miles.
It crosses the River Thames at Tower Bridge and then loops around London, right past the Shard. Continuing along past the 12th mile markers, runners will be taken past Canary Wharf and the London Eye.
Runners will finish in a blaze of glory along London's most iconic landmarks, Big Ben and The Houses of Parliament and Buckingham Palace.
London MarathonStart Time: 10:00am
Frequently Asked Questions
Meet the organiser
Are you the organizer? Claim this page
You may also like
- The Festival of Endurance at Hever Castle3rd Jul, Hever Castle4(1)
- Brighton Marathon Weekend11th Sep, Brighton4.7(34)
- Thames Meander Marathon & Half – Summer6th Aug, Kingston upon Thames4.2(34)
- The Chelmsford Marathon & Half Marathon16th Oct, Chelmsford
- Kempton Park 5K, 10K, Half Marathon & Marathon - April4th Apr, Sunbury-on-Thames4.1(3)
- Mid Sussex Marathon Weekend30th Apr, East Grinstead
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.