How to enter the Virgin Money London Marathon
- Run 26.2mi
Virgin Money London Marathon route
The London Marathon course is one of the most iconic routes in running. Winding its way through the heart of the capital, with crowds lining the side of the route at every step, the course has barely changed since the race was first held in 1981.
The course begins starts in leafy Blackheath, heads east through Charlton and Woolwich for three miles, turns west and passes the Cutty Sark in Greenwich after six to seven miles. It crosses the River Thames at Tower Bridge and then loops around the east end of London, past Canary Wharf in Docklands, before heading west again along the Highway and the Embankment to Parliament Square, Birdcage Walk and the final corner in front of Buckingham Palace.
London MarathonStart Time: 10:00am
Frequently Asked Questions
Virgin Money London Marathon weather forecast
Meet the organiser
Are you the organizer? Claim this page
You may also like
- Brighton Marathon Weekend18th Sep, Brighton4.7(34)
- The PodPlus Kent Spring Marathon & Half Marathon3rd Oct, Charing4.7(34)
- Thames Meander Marathon & Half – Winter7th Nov, Kingston upon Thames4.2(31)
- RunThrough Goodwood Motor Circuit Grand Prix - September26th Sep, Chichester5(2)
- RunThrough Goodwood Motor Circuit Grand Prix - December6th Dec, Chichester4(1)
- The Fox18th Sep, Godalming4.9(34)
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.
This event has sold out
To be reminded next time this event is scheduled just click on the +Save button