Gin loving runners - unite! Wherever you are in the world on 29th August to 3rd September, run 3k, 5k, 10k or a half marathon and celebrate with a finish-line G&T (we say 'a' - we mean at least five).
Download your personalised 'RUNNING FOR GIN' bib number before the race and attach it to your shirt. Then all you need to do is go out for your run anytime from 7am on Saturday 29th August until 7am Thursday 3rd September, remembering to record it with your favourite GPS tracking device (such as Strava).
When you return, have a gin immediately and a take a finisher's photo. We'll be giving 3 gin-related prizes for the best finisher's photo. Then all you need to do is kick back, relax, and welcome the other runners over the finish-line.
We're celebrating the UK August Bank Holiday - but we're sure that gin-loving runners across the globe will be grateful for an excuse to combine two of their favourite things. For this edition, we'll be paying tribute to gins of the UK - and collectively try to drink each of the 1722 gins of the UK. More about this after you've signed up - but a great excuse to expand your collection.
Special edition medals and running buffs are available - so you'll receive a package in the post after your event to reward your excellent work and celebrate #medalmonday.
Download your bib number at:
Then customise it with your name and race number
Order MAY CONTAIN GIN running stash at;
How to enter the Virtual Gin Run - Bank Holiday Edition
Once you book the event, you'll need to upload your result during the event time window.
- Run 3km
- Run 5kmBooked 43 times this week
- Run 10kmBooked 87 times this week
- Run 21.1kmBooked 23 times this week
How to complete a Virtual Event
Participating in a virtual event means you can complete the distance at any time within the event timeframe in a location of your choice.
Here's what you need to do:
Preparing your virtual event
- Secure your virtual spot in the event by booking your ticket
- Plan your ideal routeMake sure the route is at least the event length and as traffic free as possible
- Download a distance tracking app
- Ensure your phone and/or GPS watch is fully charged
During your event
- Record your activity on a tracker and take a screenshotThis can be either a phone or a GPS watch.
- Complete your activity in the designated event completion timeframe
- Make sure you go the event distanceBut don't worry if you go a bit further, we'll calculate your finish time.
- Take a Finisher's Photo to share with your fellow finishers
Submitting your result
- Head back to this event page to submit your resultsMake sure to submit your results within the event completion timeframe
- Upload a screenshot of your activity tracker or GPS watch to verify your resultsYou can still participate and submit results without this, but we won't be able to verify your results.
- Provide your finish time and overall distanceIf you go further than the race distance, we'll adjust your time down to the correct distance based on your pace.
- Share your Finisher's Photo on the Finish Line galleryGet featured on our Finish Line where you can celebrate your achievement and inspire others to get active.
Frequently asked questions
For more advice about virtual events, see our Virtual Event Handbook here.