Established in 2003, the Vitruvian started from humble beginnings and less than 250 starters in its first year. Since then the Vitruvian has grown into one of the most respected and iconic races on the UK calendar. Voted the UK's event of the year in 2007, 2008 and 2009 by the 220 Triathlon magazine awards, the Vitruvian sees 1000+ competitors race annually and is significantly oversubscribed year on year so you need to get in early if you want a slot.
How to enter the Vitruvian Triathlon
- Triathlon: Swim 1.9km, Bike 85km, Run 21km
Vitruvian Triathlon route
With a two lap 1900m swim in front of highly enthusiastic crowds the race starts as it means to go on and the double lap bike course covering 85km in total is not for the fain hearted. With the 21km run to finish it off the Vitruvian is a true test of endurance.
107.9kStart Time: 12:00am
Vitruvian Triathlon reviews
4.7 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- The Doddington Place Gardens 5k & 10k30th Apr, Sittingbourne
- Tour of Cambridgeshire Cycling Festival4th Jun, Peterborough3.7(9)
- Rat Race Dirty Weekend7th May, Peterborough
- Leicestershire Half Marathon28th Feb, Prestwold3.8(10)
- MK Festival of Running7th Mar, Milton Keynes3.8(3)
- Leicestershire 10k – April17th Apr, Prestwold
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.