Distances in this event
- Run 10km
Wakefield 10k route
The Wakefield 10k and 1k Mini Run all take place in Thornes Park Athetics Stadium and Thornes Park. Please see below for the map of the location.
10kStart Time: 9:00am
- Finisher’s t-shirt
- 2500 participants
From the organizer
Wakefield Hospice are ranked #32 in the UK out of 505 organizers
The Wakefield 10k Road Race is organized for and by Wakefield Hospice, with the aim to raise as much as possible for patients and their families living with an end of life diagnosis. Wakefield Hospice annually needs to raise 4 million. We would not be able to achieve this without the help of local people going out of their way to raise funds through taking part in events like the Wakefield 10k.
Wakefield 10k weather forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
Questions & answers
Get answers from our team or a member of our dedicated community.
- I’m so excited and can’t wait to go there and smash it🙌 Just wondering..when the race packs will be arrived?😌Awesome stuff! Just to let you know that race packs should be with you by the end of this week, if not the beginning of next. Best of luck and go smash!
- can k registor on dayHi there. Registration is available on the day, however we recommend booking beforehand to ensure you get a place! Enjoy the event!
- I would like to entry for 10K run so how I register nowHi there, unfortunately booking has now closed, however you are able to register on the day - please find the registration desk inside the main stadium building within the park :) enjoy the event!
- I have not recived my pack in the post yetl just wondering how long till it will come?Hi there, just to let you know you will only receive your race pack in the post if you entered by Friday 15th March, if you entered after that you will be able to collect your race pack on the day :) please reach out to [email protected] if you have any further questions. Thanks!
- Hi. What time does horbury road shut for the race?Hi there. Just to let you know the road closure is from 8.30am until 10.30am. Enjoy the event!
- How do I transfer my number to another runner? I am injured and my husband would like to run in my place. There doesn't seem to be any information available about this.Hi there. Sorry to hear about your injury, there aren't normally transfers available in this event, however we should be able to help in this instance. Please reach out to us at [email protected] Thanks!
- Hi, is there a drinks station anywhere over the route?.Hi there. Just to let you know there is a drinks station just before the 6km point. Good luck!
- How do I submit my time for completion of the runHi there. Just to let you know that you should be able to do this on the booking form when you enter.
- I want to register. Can you look for me pleaseHi there, unfortunately booking has now closed, however you are able to register on the day - please find the registration desk inside the main stadium building within the park :) enjoy the event!
- Hi I have entered but unfortunately on Sunday I did a 1/2 Marathon and pick up an injury which I have been told to rest. I have somebody who will replace my in the race but can't find anyway of contacting the organisers. Please can this be done.
You may also like
- Simplyhealth Great Manchester Run24th May 2020, Manchester
- Asda Foundation Sheffield 10K22nd Sep, Sheffield4.5(16)
- The Doncaster 10k24th Nov, Doncaster
- Williams BMW Rochdale Half Marathon and 10K6th Oct, Rochdale
- Blackburn 10K - November17th Nov, Blackburn
- Doncaster 10k Road Race24th Nov, Doncaster4.5(15)