1 / 3
Whether your a first time duathlete or a seasoned pro, all will love this event. With a stunning route, well organised transitions, and a bespoke finisher's medal, there's plenty to get you excited at the Wales Duathlon.
Sun, 2 Apr 2023
Penarth, United Kingdom
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
The event experience
Based on 550 participants
Based on location
Where and when
Cliff Parade, Penarth CF64 5BP, UK
Sun, 2 Apr 2023
The Wales Duathlon takes place in the stunning town of Penarth and it's surrounding roads. Starting off on your run around the Penarth Esplanade, you'll then head to transition to get on your bike. This outstanding bike course is surrounded by stunning farm lands, and from here it's back out onto the roads to run across the finish line.
- Finisher's Medal
- Fully marked and marshalled route
- Water stations
- Special awards for top 3 finishers
- Food and drinks vendors
- Chip-timed results
- Portable toilets
- Medical support
How to get there
Cliff Parade, Penarth CF64 5BP, UKGet full directions
There will not be any event specific parking at the site, however there are a number of options near the event hub.
Cliff Parade car park is free to park in, and is located at 8 Cliff Parade, Penarth CF64 5BP, approximately 30 seconds from the event hub.
Penarth town is also close, approximately 8-10 minutes from event hub.
Event day logistics
06:00 Registration and transition opens
07:40 Registration and transition closes
07:50 Mandatory race brief
08:00 Duathlon starts
Entrants must be 17 and older to take part in the event.
- This event is not drafting. Anybody caught doing so will be DSQ drafting is cheating.
- All competitors must comply with BTF rules, (it is recommended that you read the BTF rules and regulations which will be applied to this race)
- All competitors must be licensed to race, those non BTF members will be required to pay a £5GBP levy for a day license. This is now included in the non member entry cost.
- If you intend to use your own nutrition please keep hold of it until you reach a suitable place to discard of it.
- Security will be present in the transition area. Only competitors wearing their ID will be allowed in or out.
- Your race pack will include a race number and 2 stickers which are to be attached to your bike and helmet. This must be done prior to entering the transition zone.
- No riding is allowed in the transition zone. Your helmet must be fastened on your head at all times whilst you are on tour bike or running through transition with your bike.
Tough Runner UK
View more Tough Runner UK events
Tough Runner was founded in 2015, and the team is on a mission to organise events with a truly unique offering. With a real passion for the industry, the Tough Runner team draws out all the best bits of mass participation sports events - the pre race buzz, epic race courses, the unforgettable finish-line feeling and, of course, amazing medals. These immense experiences are designed to test and will leave you with endorphins pumping.
Is there a bag drop at the Wales Duathlon?
No, there will not be a bag drop at the event so entrants are asked to leave their valuables in their cars.
How do I find the photos from the Wales Duathlon?
Yes! There will be a photographer at the event snapping photos of participants.
Will there be water stations along the course at the Wales Duathlon?
Yes, there will be water located at the start/finish. Due to the nature of the race it is advised that you plan your race fuel and take your own water and fuel/gels on route.
This event currently has no reviews, why not be the first? You could help someone find their perfect event.