This scenic triathlon won the 220 triathlon awards for best triathlon. The stunning Pembrokeshire coast is a great location to get started in triathlon or continue your triathlon journey. This is a fantastic day out, with incredible support from the local village.
How to enter the Wales Triathlon
Do it for a good cause. Make those miles count and register for a charity place.
- Triathlon: Swim 1.2mi, Bike 56mi, Run 13.1miStandard EntriesCharity Entries
- Triathlon: Swim 0.75km, Bike 13mi, Run 3miStandard EntriesCharity Entries
Wales Triathlon routes
Middle Distance Course:
- Swim: the swim, in Fishguard Bay, is a sheltered out and back route, with a breakwater on both flanks. Swimmers do 2 laps, with an 'Australian exit', where you get out of the water before starting your second lap.
- Bike: the beginning of the route follows a steady incline for 3 miles, before speeding up until you get to St Davids, which is Wales' smallest city and where you will receive great support. Out of St Davids, there is another fast section as you get incredible atlantic views, and then the route climbs into Trefin and Mathry. The course then loops back into St Davids, before you head to Transition 2.
- Run: the run consists of 4 laps with one major incline on each lap. The course sticks close to the coast, including running out along the breakwater and back, for some breathtaking views. Finish on the famous red carpet!
Sprint Distance Course:
- Swim: the swim for the Sprint also includes two laps, but is a shorter route than in the Middle Distance triathlon.
- Bike: there is a gentle incline for the first 3 miles, as the course heads towards Mathry. Here, you will turn back towards Fishguard for Transition 2.
- Run: the course is the same as in the Middle Distance Triathlon, but you are only required to complete 1 lap.
Questions & answers
Wales Triathlon weather forecast
Moderate breeze possible, up to 11mph
Wales Triathlon reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Wales Triathlon?
You may also like
- Sandman Triathlon & Duathlon12th Sep 2020, Llanfairpwllgwyngyll
- The SportPursuit Slateman Triathlon, Duathlon & Swim Events13th Jun 2020, Llanberis
- The Snowman Triathlon1st Aug 2020, Betws-y-Coed
- The Fugitive5th Jul 2020, Marlow
- The Islander – Middle Distance Triathlon18th Jul 2020, West Mersea
- Cotswold 1137th Jun 2020, Ashton Keynes