How to enter the West Lancashire Summer Triathlon
- Triathlon: Swim 0.4km, Bike 18.5km, Run 5km
West Lancashire Summer Triathlon route
THE SWIM – 400M
The 400m swim will be conducted in the 25m pool inside the sports centre and will require the completion of 16 lengths. Start times have been allocated using the estimated swim times submitted on entry (Slowest first). Each swimmer has been allocated a lane and a fixed start time which must be adhered to. Please refer to the start list which will be emailed to you prior to the event and will include your poolside briefing time and your swim start time. Please report to poolside for your poolside briefing time and certainly no less than 20 minutes before your start time. If you miss your allocated starting slot then you will not be able to start and unfortunately it will be race over.
THE BIKE – 18.5k
For the bike section signs will be in place similar to below, these may point left, right or straight on and will be in place before a junction or turn. At specific points on the course marshals will be in place, typically where you join a busy road or an area with reduced visibility. If a marshal tells you to slow or stop you must do so or you will be disqualified, but please be aware marshals cannot legally stop or direct traffic on the public highway in any way.
THE RUN – 5k
The run course is flat and fast and initially covers the incredibly scenic landscaped campus and lakes before following the purpose built running and conditioning trail added to Edge Hill Sport as part of the £25m million new sports centre project. The surface is an even mix of tarmac and gravel with the final 400m to the finish around the new running track. The course will be fully signposted and marshalled with a drinks station that will have water available after approx 2.3k, please ensure you remain hydrated and make use of the drinks stations as required.
Questions & answers
- Hi. West Lancs Triathlon will be my first! When I book and give a swim time, can I amend that target time nearer to the event?Hey there, just to let you know you will need to contact the organiser directly they, will then be able to amend the target finish time for you. You can contact them at [email protected] Best of luck!
- As a spectator, are areas of the course wheelchair friendly ?Hi there. This course is definitely wheelchair friendly for a spectator as it takes part at the Edge Hill University.
West Lancashire Summer Triathlon weather forecast
Meet the organizer
Epic Events are ranked #89 in the UK out of 267 organizers
West Lancashire Summer Triathlon reviews
4.3 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- The London Triathlon7th Aug, London4.5(157)
- Ironman UK3rd Jul 2021, Bolton4.3(5)
- Fleetwood Triathlon12th Sep, Fleetwood3.5(2)
- The Snowman Triathlon31st Jul, Betws-y-Coed4.7(1)
- The SportPursuit Slateman Triathlon, Duathlon & Swim Events25th Sep, Llanberis5(1)
- Superfeet Sandman Triathlon & Duathlon11th Sep, Llanfairpwllgwyngyll