A circular route starting from South Wheatley Village Hall and utilising the pleasant, undulating trails and tracks in the Wheatley and surrounding area. Some of the best trail running in Nottinghamshire.
How to enter the Wheatley Winter 10
- Run 10.1mi
Wheatley Winter 10 route
The race begins up Muspit Lane along a field edge for a compact start approx 5 mins from the village hall. Faster runners are advised to begin at the front.
This race has it all!! From the offset you are running on some tough field edges cross country with fantastic views until you reach farm track to really pick up the pace.
After more field edges you hit High House Road (Track) where you make the long but gentle climb before arriving at Water Station A.
Leaving the station, for the first time you are on minor road and can really stretch out the legs with some nice down hill patches. But soon you will need to attack the steepest climb of the route up Howbeck Hill!
A few more twists and turns and you return to the finish! A great challenging cross country / trail route with fabulous views characteristic of the area.
Wheatley Winter 10 weather forecast
Possible drizzle throughout the day.
Wheatley Winter 10 reviews
4.7 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- The Peak District Monsal Trail 10 Mile31st May, Bakewell
- The Peak District Tissington Trail 10 Mile30th May, Buxton
- The Cannock Chase 10 & 5 Mile9th Feb, Rugeley
- Liverpool Half Marathon & 10 Mile15th Mar, Liverpool
- Draycote Water Winter 10K – February9th Feb, Rugby
- St Annes 10 Mile Run26th Jan, Lytham St Annes