A circular route starting from South Wheatley Village Hall and utilising the pleasant, undulating trails and tracks in the Wheatley and surrounding area. Some of the best trail running in Nottinghamshire.
The race begins up Muspit Lane along a field edge for a compact start approx 5 mins from the village hall. Faster runners are advised to begin at the front.
This race has it all!! From the offset you are running on some tough field edges cross country with fantastic views until you reach farm track to really pick up the pace.
After more field edges you hit High House Road (Track) where you make the long but gentle climb before arriving at Water Station A.
Leaving the station, for the first time you are on minor road and can really stretch out the legs with some nice down hill patches. But soon you will need to attack the steepest climb of the route up Howbeck Hill!
A few more twists and turns and you return to the finish! A great challenging cross country / trail route with fabulous views characteristic of the area.
Wheatley Winter 10 weather forecast
Wheatley Winter 10 reviews
4.7 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- Dambuster 107th Nov, Bamford
- Liverpool Half Marathon & 10 Mile21st Mar 2021, Liverpool4.2(3)
- Draycote Water November - 10k & 10 Mile5th Nov, Kites Hardwick4.1(6)
- The Drop Huddersfield28th Dec, Huddersfield
- The Drop York – Winter Special9th Jan 2021, York4.2(2)
- The Drop Manchester - October9th Oct, Manchester
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.