10k (or 6.2 miles) is a great distance for running, and these events are some of the most popular in the UK. If you're a beginner, then the 10k distance provides a healthy challenge. Set yourself the challenge of running an event in under an hour for a decent time and a good workout. Running 10km in 60 minutes would burn about 600 calories. For seasoned athletes, the 10k is a perfect distance to keep fit and boost your pace, without completely exhausting yourself. If you're training towards a fast half-marathon or marathon event, you might set yourself the challenge of running 10k in under 40 minutes. There are hundreds of 10k events in the running calendar, and they are often part of big city running festivals, so there is bound to be a great atmosphere cheering you on to a new PB. The Great Manchester Run is the largest 10k run in Europe, with over 40,000 taking part on the day.
- Sat, 27th Nov • Clonakilty€30 – €603 races: marathon, half marathon, 10k
- Sat, 4th Dec • MaldonPrice TBC1 race: 10k
- Sat, 4th Dec • Wareham4(6 reviews)Price TBC5 races: ultramarathon, marathon, half marathon, 10k
- Fri, 10th Dec • RampsidePrice TBC4 races: marathon, half marathon, 5k, 10k
- Sat, 11th Dec • Lancaster5(2 reviews)Price TBC1 race: 10k
- Sat, 11th Dec • Ambleside5(3 reviews)Price TBC1 race: 10k
- Sun, 12th Dec • GuisboroughPrice TBC3 races: marathon, half marathon, 10k
- Sun, 12th Dec • Telford4.5(2 reviews)Price TBC1 race: 10k
- Tue, 28th Dec • HerefordPrice TBC1 race: 10k
- Sun, 2nd Jan 2022 • Bishop AucklandPrice TBC2 races: 10k, half marathon
- Fri, 21st Jan 2022 • WestburyPrice TBC2 races: ultramarathon, 10k
- Sun, 6th Mar 2022 • HullavingtonPrice TBC1 race: 10k
- Fri, 1st Jul 2022 • TenbyPrice TBC9 races: ironman, marathon, half marathon, 10k, 5kCovid Plan
Can't find what you're looking for?
We'll alert you when similar events are added to the site.
Have we missed something?
Let us know the name and we'll add it as fast as possible. We're talking Usain Bolt fast.
About 10k events in the UK
10km (or 6.2 miles) is a hugely popular distance with runners of all levels. 10k races are perfect either as a challenging starter event for beginners or as practice for longer distances. Event organisers will often give you a choice between 5k and 10k routes, so when you're ready to take that step up, you can. Much like for 5k events, some large 'running festivals' such as the Edinburgh Marathon Festival and Bournemouth Marathon Festival also host 10k races, with big crowds to cheer you on to the finish line.
Frequently Asked Questions
The average runner, who runs 5-10k a week, could expect to finish in around 1 hour.