Nearby 5k RunsSee all
- Richmond Runfest Half Marathon, Marathon, and 10K11SEP
Richmond Runfest Half Marathon, Marathon, and 10KRunning ‧ London26.2 mi • 13.1 mi • 6.2 mi • 3.1 mi • 1.0 mi£48.50(4)
- Fun Colour Rush Reading22AUG
Fun Colour Rush Reading5k ‧ Reading3.1 mi£12 – £48
- Warrington Running Festival19SEP
Warrington Running FestivalRunning ‧ Warrington13.1 mi • 6.2 mi • 3.1 mi • 0.6 mi£2 – £28
- Bridgwater Half Marathon5SEP
Bridgwater Half MarathonRunning ‧ Bridgwater13.1 mi • 6.2 mi • 3.1 mi£8 – £27.29
- St Albans Half Marathon13JUN
St Albans Half MarathonRunning ‧ St Albans13.1 mi • 3.1 mi • 1.5 mi(11)
- New Forest Marathon, Half Marathon, 10k & 5k12SEP
New Forest Marathon, Half Marathon, 10k & 5kRunning ‧ Brockenhurst26.2 mi • 13.1 mi • 6.2 mi • 3.1 mi • 0.9 mi£12 – £49(5)
- Olympic Park 5k & 10k – September18SEP
Olympic Park 5k & 10k – SeptemberRunning ‧ London6.2 mi • 3.1 mi£24
- RunThrough Goodwood Motor Circuit Grand Prix - September26SEP
RunThrough Goodwood Motor Circuit Grand Prix - SeptemberRunning ‧ Chichester26.1 mi • 20.0 mi • 13.0 mi • 6.2 mi • 3.1 mi£21 – £32(2)
- Conquer Crystal Palace 5k, 10k, 15k and Half Marathon11SEP
Conquer Crystal Palace 5k, 10k, 15k and Half MarathonRunning ‧ London13.1 mi • 9.3 mi • 6.2 mi • 3.1 mi£16 – £22(1)
- Fun Colour Rush Northampton 25JUL
Fun Colour Rush Northampton5k ‧ Northampton3.1 mi(2)
- Run Heaton 5k, 10k & Half Marathon 26SEP
Run Heaton 5k, 10k & Half Marathon5k ‧ Manchester13.1 mi • 6.2 mi • 3.1 mi£21 – £26
- Fun Colour Rush Nottingham20JUN
Fun Colour Rush Nottingham5k ‧ Nottingham3.1 mi(1)
- The Great Scottish Walk and Run Festival15AUG
The Great Scottish Walk and Run FestivalRunning ‧ Edinburgh6.2 mi • 3.1 mi • 1.0 mi • 0.6 mi
- The UK Emergency Services Games28AUG
The UK Emergency Services GamesMulti-Sport ‧ Milton Keynes70.2 mi • 32.0 mi • 17.2 mi • 6.2 mi • 3.1 mi£15 – £125
- Chase the Sun Brixton - August25AUG
Chase the Sun Brixton - AugustRunning ‧ London6.2 mi • 3.1 mi£22
- Run Dorney 5k, 10k & Half Marathon- August29AUG
Run Dorney 5k, 10k & Half Marathon- AugustRunning ‧ Windsor13.1 mi • 6.2 mi£20 – £26
- Dinton Pastures 5km & 10km Summer Series - August5AUG
Dinton Pastures 5km & 10km Summer Series - AugustRunning ‧ Hurst6.2 mi • 3.1 mi£15 – £21(11)
- Kempton Park 5K, 10K & Half Marathon7AUG
Kempton Park 5K, 10K & Half MarathonRunning ‧ Sunbury-on-Thames13.1 mi • 6.2 mi • 3.1 mi£20 – £26
- Chase the Sun Olympic Park – August11AUG
Chase the Sun Olympic Park – AugustRunning ‧ London6.2 mi • 3.1 mi£22(1)
- Pizza Run - Sheffield25JUL
Pizza Run - SheffieldRunning ‧ Sheffield6.2 mi • 3.1 mi • 1.0 mi
- Run Aintree 5K, 10K & Half – July25JUL
Run Aintree 5K, 10K & Half – JulyRunning ‧ Liverpool13.1 mi • 6.2 mi • 3.1 mi(8)
- Chase the Sun Leicestershire - August12AUG
Chase the Sun Leicestershire - AugustRunning ‧ Loughborough6.2 mi • 3.1 mi • 1.0 mi£21(2)
- Pizza Run - Birmingham24JUL
Pizza Run - BirminghamRunning ‧ West Bromwich6.2 mi • 3.1 mi • 1.0 mi
- RunThrough Hyde Park 5K & 10K - August14AUG
RunThrough Hyde Park 5K & 10K - AugustRunning ‧ London6.2 mi • 3.1 mi£24
About 5k events in the UK
5k (or 3.1-mile) is a great distance for all ability levels. Usually run or walked on road, they are hugely popular in the UK. Hundreds of people attend Parkruns every weekend, in 645 locations, from complete beginners taking on their first race to speedsters trying to smash a personal best. Whilst 5k runs are great for beginners, the distance is also a favourite of running legend Mo Farah. 5k runs come in many formats: night runs, colour runs, fun runs and charity runs and tend to happen all year round, regardless of weather.
What are the best 5k events?
5ks are the place to have fun. Expect fancy dress, friendly runners and maybe even a charitable cause to bring people together. Cancer Research UK host over 100 races of 5-10k in the UK each year, with varying themes. If you are looking for a big atmosphere, larger events such as the Edinburgh Marathon Festival and the Bournemouth Marathon Festival host 5k and 10k races alongside their longer flagship events.
What is a good time for a 5k run?
Finishing times for a 5k vary widely depending on your goals and whether walking or running. Finishing in under 28 minutes would be considered a good time by much of the running community. This would require you to run at 9 minutes per mile (or better) for the duration of the race. The fastest competitors can finish a 5k in under 14 minutes, whereas those who prefer to walk can take up to an hour or more.
How long should I train for a 5k?
How hard you should train depends largely of your fitness levels and experience. Those who are running for the first time and don't regularly participate in other forms of exercise should take on a 5k training programme to prepare themselves for the race. This will lower the risk of injury and also help to keep you motivated. Take a look at our 6 week training plan to get you up to speed.